1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What does your name mean and does it relate to you?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by tweeby, Jul 31, 2018.

1. I thought size matters not, master yoda?

My name means "to be strong, healthy, brave" in Latin. I could definitely use these qualities right now.

2. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Lol....Robin and Batgirl should join Belle classes

Kenzi likes this.
  3. That's interesting that you chose the feminized version of your given name. Was there a reason for that? Most trans people I know just choose a completely different name that they like, even when there given name could be feminized or is already gender-neutral.

tweeby and Kenzi like this.
  4. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

I always wanted a daughter named Jamey.
    ^^this spelling. Didn't work out that way... But i think it's the best name

5. My favorite name for a girl is Anastasia, but damn 50 Shades of Grey ruined it. :/ hopefully by the time I ever have a daughter that'll be old news, because my husband really likes that name too.

6. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Sad!
    I hope so too... That movie is stupid.

7. Agreed.

8. My name is. Caleb and depending on the origin, it means bold, faith, and wholehearted.

9. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I just googled mine and it means God like. Fuck yeah!
    Which Robin are you most like? My guess would be Jason todd.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    u376 and MLMVSS like this.
  10. hardowner

hardowner Fapstronaut

My name means "similar to God" or "connected with the God"...

11. Decoder™

Decoder™ Fapstronaut

[Hindu] = Highborn

[Greek] = Immortal

Birth name is Arian Thadeu.

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. The MAN returns!!!!! YAyeeeeee

13. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

My name is Brent. It's a Celtic word that means "hill".

14. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

"triumphant", " victorious"

Yes that's me.

15. I've got a norse name, it means "commander" or "ruler". My father chose it based on some viking.

I, of course, am the pinnacle of manliness, a ruler of many worlds, give me a hammer and I'll let thunder and lightning revolve around the earth, making the atmosphere shake in awe of my limitless power! Needless to say my name fits me perfectly!

Maninsearchofasoul and u376 like this.
  16. Grrrrrrrr....Marry me!!! LOL :)
    Great post 0_o

u376 likes this.
  17. Mine is a Norse name and means “eternal ruler”.

0EAAE1EC-89C1-41F0-98F0-297819B7E9B9.jpeg

18. You do!!!
    @Kenzi is MY Mom!!! :emoji_heart_eyes:

19. Hi @Castielle , thanQ for the question; sorry for the late response, I have been distracted on other things.
    Actually, my childhood family nickname was to call me Jamie (for James) and it stuck. So when I became aware of my own identity and began to make pretty significant changes at a very young age, I thought about "What 'girl name' do I want?"
    But as I thought about it more, I realized I wasn't needing a "girl name", as I really just felt like I was releasing the real ME anyway by choosing to live as my deeply-rooted and perfectly natural feminine persona. Also, I wasn't trying to leave my family and identity behind, so a variation of my birth name given by my parents was perfect for me ---- it was respectful to not change it AND I actually liked the common thread of life that my name represented to me and my family and my friends. So I stayed as Jamie. My drivers license has on it Jamie and my ID is Female (and my picture is actually almost cute --- but I had to talk the guy at Texas DOT to allow 4 pics to get it right!!! LOL)
    I think some of that is, for many, quite natural as they are trying to bury the past or the identity of their former selves.'
    Me? I was just accepting that my "former self" was just the same old me, just not in a boys (or soon-to-be mans) role.

I hope that is kinda clear in explaining it.
    I did think of other names too ---- but I ended up with lil' ol' me : JAMIE

tweeby and Deleted Account like this.
  20. OMG either are PERFECT!!! ;)