1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What ethnicity makes the best chocolate?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by FormerLeatherneck, Dec 31, 2022.

1. FormerLeatherneck

FormerLeatherneck Fapstronaut

Is it the Dutch? Belgians? Germans? Or who else?

En?gmatic likes this.
  2. En?gmatic

En?gmatic Fapstronaut

Switzerland but not industrial shit like Cailler.
    Belgium is at second place.

FormerLeatherneck likes this.
  3. Switzerland. I think Lindt makes industrial shit and I like Cailler but sure the small manufacturers are the best!

En?gmatic and FormerLeatherneck like this.
  4. En?gmatic

En?gmatic Fapstronaut

This is the best chocolate of Switzerland and isn't even made in the ''german speaking part'' but in the Italian one and it's simply the best. And it even supplies the Army. I'm not saying that Lindt is good, it is industrial too, but still better than Cailler, that's owned by Nestlé and everyone should inform themself about who these are.

FormerLeatherneck and toziko like this.
  5. Semtex

Semtex Fapstronaut

Oviously the Swiss, but if you don't buy luxury chocolate you're not missing much. Good old Milka (which is also Swiss but cheap) tastes better than stuff like Toblerone, at least to me.

En?gmatic and FormerLeatherneck like this.
  6. Nice! I will definitely try. What about Läderach? I do like it that too. @En?gmatic

7. Funny. I thought Toblerone is ‘more Swiss’ then Milka :D :D Milka is bad. I wouldn’t even call it chocolate :D

8. Semtex

Semtex Fapstronaut

Maybe it's just me then. I even took a tour of a factory (not Willy Wonka's) in Switzerland - can't remember the company but it was supposedly "high class" chocolate - and got to taste lot of the stuff they made and honestly, it was disappointing.

9. I’ve been only at the Cailler factory. After that I have no intention to visit the big ones. Perhaps some small as it was mentioned above. Right now I am busy with cheese factory visit :)

10. FormerLeatherneck

Where can I buy these top chocolates in the USA?

11. En?gmatic

En?gmatic Fapstronaut

I'll be honestly but i never bought from them even because i've never visited their stores, but we have a similar one called ''Vanini'' here.

Milka and Toblerone are industrial, the owner of the Toblerone (that's now a property of the Mondellez so meh) just inherited all the money, my boss know him. And yes many swiss chocolates are like other ones you can find in other places, like ritter sport, ecc... you are missing nothing, especially with Cailler or Lindt.

I remember i've found Toblerone and Lindt in the USA, but honestly they are industrial sections that are made in the USA territory. I don't know the situation in your country but you could try in international stores where they cost a lot, if you even have in your country.
    ------

A nice chocolate i've found is the ''Fairafric''.

12. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

I don't like chocolate anymore, makes me nauseous. Which is good because it's not healthy. I'm Swedish btw, Swedish candy is really effing nasty.

13. FormerLeatherneck

I had some Ritter Sport, German I think? It’s pretty good.

14. En?gmatic

En?gmatic Fapstronaut

Relativism like for coffee. Could say that meat make me nauseous and I think is the most disgusting thing i‘ve ever tried but isn‘t just a ‚”taste” question? I could say that industrial chocolate give me nausea too!

Isn’t that good but better than many others. I’ve ate it when i was driving for hours in Germany and in extremly need of sugar after many hours so it in kinda saved me.

15. ndaty

ndaty Fapstronaut

Madagascar has one of the best variety of cocoa too!

16. BlackPilledMonk68

BlackPilledMonk68 Fapstronaut

Any kind of Cadbury Chocolate which falls under the Irish/English Banner. Like America banned their chocolates because it was taking too much money away from Hershey. They used Milk allegories or some bs as the excuse because Hershey doesn't make their chocolate with real milk

That and our Tayto Potato chips are amazing. I think we have the best junk food honesty lol

17. FormerLeatherneck

Cadbury makes excellent chocolate. Love their stuff too.

18. People in Sicily - in the town of Modica specifically are excellent at maintaining the mayan method of making chocolate.