1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What Hallmark movies made me realize about husbandry and love

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Dec 25, 2021.

1. Okay so I know what most of you are probably thinking, "@Dioplleo_547 Why would a man as reasonable, rational and rugged as yourself be wasting your time watching hallmark movies instead of Real Men's Christmas movies Like Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman, A Christmas Story, or Die Hard?! Hallmark movies and Movies in general are a very bad place to view love and relationships in the first place!" You are absolutely right movies are the very last place you should get any information from.

"Well, why did you say that Hallmark movies are teaching you about being a good husband and love?" Just shut up and let me get to my point, okay? I have an from my Dad's side of the family who is currently visiting us for Christmas and one of her favorite things to do on Christmas is to watch Hallmark movies and being locked away in my house and not being able to talk to anyone outside of Church or work or the Internet or Distant family I just really wanted to spend time with my Aunt yes even... If it involved watching Hallmark movies with her, But If I am being honest there's a lot I learned from last night watching a Hallmark movie with her.

The best part was is that she was willing to stay up a little bit later and watch Die Hard with me after we returned from Christmas mass, as soon as we got back she decided to make a drink called Wassail which is not usually alcoholic but this time around my Aunt was feeling a bit sneaky and naughty and spiked it with ale. Even though she made me promise not to tell my parents afterwards.

I know this is getting draggy now so I will just get to the point, I know most dudes won't want to hear this but I know this is the fricking truth so be prepared to get mad. Husbandry and love require patience, compromise, willingness (even if the willingness is hesitant) Think about this deeply women in relationships will often be patient, negotiable, and be hesitant to be willing to do things for their boyfriends/husbands. But at the end of the day most are willing to put up with their imperfections, which is what ultimately what true love is about putting up with each other's imperfections and flaws but still having the willingness to rise every morning to each other, passionately gazing into the other's eyes and saying "I love you" or saying "I am eternally blessed for having you in my life."

So yeah I am out of paper now so I hope you will understand what I am getting at and understand the lesson I learned from watching hallmark movies with my aunt.

GigglingTrout likes this.