1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What Happened to the Feminist Thread?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Sep 4, 2017.

1. It just disappeared. How come? What happened?

2. I think the guy who made it deleted it. Probably because people were disagreeing with him. I can't imagine the mods deleted it, because there wasn't anything wrong. It got very off topic, people were talking about politics and 9/11 And all kinds of other things. But usually mods will just close the thread if that happens, not delete it.

3. Actually, it appears that either he deleted his profile or got booted by the mods. Arkangel Colon I think was his name, and he's no longer here. He must have deleted all his thread before he left or something, because I don't see any of them. Kind of annoying when I spent a whole lot of time writing out my thoughts on feminism and MGTOW, none of which were hateful or problematic.

4. señor

señor Guest

he changed his name to Third_eye, so he must have deleted the thread

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Thanks for the clarification! And yeah, I definitely know he deleted the thread, because we were talking back and forth on it right when it happened.

6. Unless it was a mod, but I highly doubt it

7. The original poster deleted the thread. Feel free to repost if you want to continue the conversation.

8. Oh dear! Lol! Sometimes threads can go way off topic.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Yeah, I didn't really mind, since the person who posted it was the one taking things off topic. But apparently he didn't like people disagreeing with him so much or something, so he decided to delete it all.

10. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

People were being ridiculously annoying on that thread, so I just deleted it.

11. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

I deleted the thread because I just snapped because people were being annoying. I'm Arkangel Colon, i only changed my username. I care about people's opinions, but if it's gonna go off the rails like it did, what's the point of keeping it? And your opinions on that thread were respectful and non-problematic, as far as the main topic of the thread was concerned.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2017
  12. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

I disagreed with people respectfully in that thread until I was disrespected by @Eviledging on it too. Instead of asking me questions and asking for proof, he mocked and ridiculed me because of what I said. I didn't appreciate him treating me that way. I also got mad because you kept saying that I told someone to prove me wrong, even though I was only trying to give you useful information. So I snapped, and I deleted that thread.

13. Well Thanks for at least admitting that's what happened. Personally I think it would have been a lot more respectful of you to just stop replying if you were so annoyed and didnt want to be a part of the conversation anymore, rather deleting the entire conversation that preceded.

Third_Eye likes this.
  14. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

I'm sorry, it's just I kept getting riled up by everybody. I should've just ignored @Eviledging immediately after he insulted me, and I should've just not brought up "truther stuff" that I did since most people don't even get it.

15. Here's a piece of advice that will help you a lot in your future, if you are going to continue getting in debates on the internet...

1. You have to learn how to be okay with people disagreeing with you. If you're going to get riled up any time someone disagrees with you or is a little bit rude, the internet is not the place for you. It's sad, but it's true. People are jerks online.

2. You could use to have a bit more humility, especially given your age, and realize that you might be wrong about some of your beliefs. If you continue to voice your opinions as facts and say that anyone who doesn't agree "just doesn't get it," you're going to be in for a lot of drama and rude comments. Especially when you're making those statements toward people much older than you, who very well might know much more about these things than you do.

You can take my advice or leave it. But if you're frustrated with the drama in your life because of threads like that, you have to recognize that you bring a lot of it on yourself by initiating controversial, opinionated discussions, and then either getting angry or essentially calling people dull if they disagree with you.

16. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

I'm okay with people disagreeing with me, but i didn't need to be insulted by a person at the same time. If someone disagreed with me, they can respectfully tell me rather than insulting me. And i go based on what I research when I give info. But you're right, if people don't agree with me after I show proof, I'll just tell me "Okay, fine, don't believe it. Have a nice day!":)

17. The issue is your use of the word "proof." What you're calling proof is theories from online articles and YouTube videos. That's not proof. And I'm sorry, but I think you're just too young to understand that right now. There's a system, when it comes to "evidence" And "proof." There are boxes that need to be checked, and the so-called "proof" you provide does not check all of those boxes. The things you believe and were speaking about on that thread are theories and opinions, not facts with hardcore evidence.

18. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

I gave videos that showed sufficient evidence and proof to back up my opinions. But since nobody watched them, that's probably why you would assume that. Also, if I'm too young to understand, then did how was I able to even provide video links and information about something that I wasn't even alive to experience? How is it that i know things that most people don't. Like the truth about our economy, the truth about the elections, etc.? I can further elaborate if you want. I also highly reccomend you do your own research on things.

19. I do my own research on things, which is why I don't just accept the word of a kid online who says he has the magic answer of truth for everything. I'm trying to help you understand that what you're talking about isn't proof or evidence, but you don't accept that, so I can't really help you. I understand that sometimes people believe lies or are misguided, and it course anyone of any age is capable of knowing truth that other people don't seem to see. But when it comes to something being considered "evidence," your standards are just not the same as most people's standards, including the standards of the law.

20. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

If you would've watched the videos instead of assuming that they're "invalid," maybe you would've at least been able to see what I was talking about. Also, I'm not expecting people to automatically take my word like if I "know everything," because I don't, but I expect people to question me and challenge what I gotta say, without insulting me. And what do you mean by my standards not being the same as people's standard, including the "standards of law?"