1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What i learned from relapsing

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by sean66, Jun 6, 2016.

1. sean66

sean66 Fapstronaut

I started the Nofap challenge on the 15th of April and i usually relapse within 5 days max, thats the longest i've gone. On an average i last for about 2 days and i realized that the most common reason is depression induced. I need to channel this "down feeling" with something more productive and reward seeking. I find it harder now to go on but im also hanging in there as i dont want to become a slave to this addiction. The urges hit me the most when im down. Dont get me wrong, i have had the benefits of Nofap in the form of confidence, extroversion and mental clarity but there is always that feeling of mismanagement of my internal state which starts the relapse cycle all over again. It's tiring to this without the proper state control and constant resetting but i have do this as the grass is clearly greener on the other side. Withdrawal hits you the most when you're upset and keeping an eye out for that trigger will make or break your success. Sorry this is a poorly written post due to brain fog as im clearly confused about how to approach this.

2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome! I'm glad you're here. Keep coming back!