1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is a nice guy?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by YAYYYYYYYYYYY, Feb 6, 2021.

1. YAYYYYYYYYYYY

YAYYYYYYYYYYY Fapstronaut

I'm not an English native speaker, so...
    I've seen this term here frequently and in a negative way.
    What is the problem of being a nice guy? Is not what we should be?

Revanthegrey and Randy Andy like this.
  2. wuxor

wuxor Fapstronaut

It can be a positive or negative term. Look up the Wikipedia article. Here and in dating it usually refers to the negative term, which is a guy acting always nice so he overlooks his own needs or that he becomes entitled, i.e. he believes women owns him something since he is acting all nice.

Otherwise being nice is good :)

Revanthegrey and HE^MAN like this.
  3. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

Its a gu who is too much nice and not trully nice

Revanthegrey likes this.
  4. YAYYYYYYYYYYY

YAYYYYYYYYYYY Fapstronaut

5. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

someone who says yes alot. women hate that. they need unpredictable scenarios, arguments. not serious ones, just little ones. if u keep saying yes to someone they think ur predictable and look over u.

6. I think I now realize why people get tired of me if I just keep saying yeah to everything.

blacklabel92 likes this.
  7. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    its a man constantly appoligizing for being a man, and suppressing his mind state an behavior of being a a authentic man

8. Someone who is overly caring towards others / cares what everyone thinks.

blacklabel92 and HE^MAN like this.
  9. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    spiritually speaking, the word nice is latin meaning ignorant , our spirits are more ancient then we can comprehend, when woman hear the word nice guy it reaches them subconsciously telling them this isnt a good pick of a guy to stay away from him , our spirits pick up alot of things we are not aware of

blacklabel92 likes this.
  10. Professor of Logic

Professor of Logic Fapstronaut

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets

-Rick Sanchez

NamaClature14 and blacklabel92 like this.
  11. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

[QUOTElmk
    how does a person who cares what ppl think do to not feel that way?

12. The term nice guy should read "nice guy" in order to indicate the person isn't really genuine. A "nice guy" is really a weak and malicious guy who uses kindness as a form of manipulation. However, when this tactic fails them, they revert to showing their true side which is hostile, entitled, and selfish.

13. Hey,
    There's nothing wrong with being nice. Having said that, being too nice would make some people stay away from you. When I was too nice, I noticed traits that make some people hate me. Here they are:

- Looking for validation: Here's how it looks. When you meet your friend, co-worker, a stranger, you try to sense his feelings in order to see if they approve of you. This is wrong. You should try to sense their feelings to see how you can carry out a conversation with them.

- Not speaking clearly: This is something I'm suffering from. When a coworker does something wrong in their, I tell them what they did wrong with fear and with stutter :oops:. My heart race to find appropriate words :eek:. But I should've told them more clearly. After all, they know I like to help. Even I struggled to type this trait lol. Let me try again. When someone does something wrong in their job, I don't speak clearly. I sound like a person beating around the bush. I beat around the bush, so I won't hurt their feelings (I fear making them sad or angry :confused:). I should speak more clearly. After all, they know I'm a person who likes to help. Do you know how I beat the bush? I always stop mid sentence to find appropriate words. When I don't find the appropriate words, I use the words that comes to mind then say something like "It's OK. Even I make this mistake." I used it on some people many times. I imagined someone else uses the same tactic on me. This tactic is patronizing! The funny thing is when I tell people even I made that mistake before, I lied. I've never made some of the mistakes they did make :D. I can't believe some people were so patient with me :emoji_anguished:! I really should stop beating around the bush.

Edit: The best cure to beating around the bush is giving people the information in its kinda plain form. Since they do speak clearly with you, speak clearly with them.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2021
  14. A nice guy's behaviour is orchestred to please other and the most disgusting habit of nice guys is ,when they feel bad about something, they keep it to themselves but never forget it and when time comes , they take out their anger in an awful manner.

15. This is true.

16. TimeToQuitNow

TimeToQuitNow Fapstronaut

A guy who is nice

Candun likes this.
  17. They take back their self worth, and stop seeing other people’s opinions as their truth. Easier said then done right? Here’s a trick to help. Come to see that everything everyone else says or does or thinks is purely made up in their head. They are living and reacting to their very own drama movie in their own minds and they want to project their view of life onto others. If someone you don’t know walks up to you and says “your ugly as shit and you dress like a bum.” You have to come to the realization that they are not actually talking about you. Even though they say they are. If it’s a stranger most could care less because they are not close. When it comes to people you know well or work with a lot that’s when the true tests happen. But in actuality they are showing you what they think of themselves. Their insecurities, their fears, their problems.
    Once you get good at this you will just simply stop reacting to people’s blind opinions at all. It even becomes funny because it’s just purely ridiculous.
    You stop giving just any random person that power to influence you and you save it for only your closest and most trusted people when you need perspective and help.

18. arkad1

arkad1 Fapstronaut

Nice guys are liked by their moms and teachers, but not by girls...No need to add eelse i think...

19. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

A nice guy is an AFC.

20. What's AFC?