1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is an activity that puts you in a flow state?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Aug 11, 2022.

1. For me, it's performing/recording music. I sit down with my digital recording console and start laying down tracks and before you know it, I have a neat little creation that has not only let me express myself, it has also made me a little bit of a better musician. What are some things you all like to do that distract you and also makes you feel super productive?

Musta and Mantaflowww like this.
  2. desmond3

desmond3 Fapstronaut

Reading, and taking important notes on my computer while I am doing so. It allows me to fully digest the information so it becomes part of me, and it feels satisfying :)

Mantaflowww and stoicWill like this.
  3. Meditation and some deep lucid dreaming practices.

4. Leomar91

Leomar91 Fapstronaut

My electric guitar. Simple answer :)

5. ajstath

ajstath Fapstronaut

Learning Russian. It's extremely rewarding and will also play a major part in my future plans, so it's a really exciting challenge for me and never feels like a chore.

6. Swift Escape

Swift Escape Fapstronaut

Flipping my balisong. It forces me to acknowledge the relationship between what is and what isn't.

7. ajstath

ajstath Fapstronaut

Thought that was a really inappropriate euphemism for a second there!

8. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

Definitely going for a walk/run each morning, without sunglasses to get the natural sunlight, has helped get me in the productive zone.

9. PrinceDaniel

PrinceDaniel Fapstronaut

10. tawwab1

tawwab1 Fapstronaut

I don't really have anything that puts me in that state. I'm hoping to find that once my dopamine receptors recover.

11. Thanks @stoicWill, nice idea for a thread. I haven't done it for years, but recording music on an 8-track used to put me in a flow state.

Musta and stoicWill like this.
  12. thatcactusguy

thatcactusguy Fapstronaut

Journaling in a physical journal helps me feel like I'm creating something that will grow over time, and really gets the flow started for me. I am also a musician @stoicWill, and I really enjoy just playing to play and see what I can come up with, sometimes layering my own recordings and making a little band out of a few videos of me.

13. Musta

Musta Fapstronaut

Basketball. I returned to playing basketball after a long while and I'm really enjoying it. Wheb I'm balling alone after about 10 minutes I generally get into the flow and contemplate at the same time.

stoicWill and Mantaflowww like this.