1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is going through her head? Does she still like me?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by DaSaltyPancake, Aug 9, 2020.

1. DaSaltyPancake

DaSaltyPancake Fapstronaut

So, the strangest thing happened about three weeks ago. A girl who gave me her number six years ago randomly texted me. I remember that we stopped talking years ago bc I thought that she was too good for me. I was a good-looking dude with the confidence of a basement-dweller, and I thought that she would leave me when she got to know me.

Anyway, we start talking and she says that I was the first guy that she ever had feelings for. We texted a lot about her job, life, etc. She was being flirty and even sent me a couple of pictures. She said that I looked good and was sending truckloads of emojis and the ":)" smiley face on a ton of texts. She looked good back then, but now she's hella cute. Not hot, but beautiful if that makes sense. I was interested and she repeatedly texted first over the next week and initiated conversations. So I assumed things were going very well.

So, after texting her for a while, I asked her if she wanted to go to a drive-in movie with me. She then asked me if I had an interest in her, and I said "Yes. I think you're kind and really pretty. I'd like to get to know you more"... no response for two days. Then I asked her if she wanted to get coffee instead and she said that she'd like to a lot, but she's a bit hesitant bc she was cheated on last time. That day we texted back and forth a lot and she seemed like her normal self. Then I found a coffee shop and asked her if she was free to meet on Sat at 7... no response. I waited three days and then sent her a very blunt text that read "I think I’m normally decent at reading hints. Soooo... no coffee? I think you’re a really nice girl, but I don’t want to waste my time if you’re not interested." She said that she was sorry and that she's just been really busy this week but that she'd like to go out still.

I showed my friend who has the reputation of a chick-magnet and he said that I was doing everything right and he has no idea what she's thinking. So, what the hell is she thinking? Can anybody tell me? How do you go from obviously flirting, telling me that I was the first dude you ever liked, hearting texts and photos of me, and sending cute photos to leaving me unread for 2-3 days? What's going on?

2. RIPZYZZ

RIPZYZZ Fapstronaut

pfft man that's a difficult situation, are you sure you're not being catfished? Did you videochat/call her? If you're not being catfished you gotta ask her what's up,why she has been replying late, and tell her that you're not interested if she keeps ignoring you. Tell her that if she's interested she'll have to suggest the next meetup. If she's really into you she'll tell you what's up or suggest a date. If not, move on.

3. DaSaltyPancake

Well, I don't think that she's a catfish bc of two reasons:
    1) I saw her six years ago and she still looks like the same person. In fact, she even sent me a pic of her that emphasized her freckles bc I said that they were cute years ago and I remember saying that.
    2) The pics she sent weren't catfish-worthy. Don't get me wrong. She's a gorgeous girl, but she's not the typical catfish-looking girl. She sent me a pic of her in the mirror and her body was very skinny with little curves. Seems counterintuitive if you're a catfish. This being said, I don't mind her look. She still looks super pretty imo.

4. DaSaltyPancake

Well, I generally wouldn’t care about some girl that randomly contacts me. In fact, I rejected one yesterday. I literally told her that she could delete me if she wanted at the beginning. The thing is...she told me I was the FIRST guy she had feelings for. Surely this would give me some type of unique status among the others in this “list.” Plus, I doubt that she had a list of any kind. She’s shy.

IR254 likes this.
  5. I’d suggest you leave her be for now. Maybe she just got out of a relationship and feels so insecure she’s back at square one and seeking validation from somebody she was pretty sure likes her and remembers them as safe emotionally. When she doesn’t reply she might actually have a lot going on, be in a weird mood, or can’t meet up for some reason she hasn’t told you. If you stay in touch with her, just drop the idea of meeting up for now, she’s obviously not ready for that for some reason. Don’t get too worked up about her, don’t let her be important to you at all.

RIPZYZZ likes this.
  6. DaSaltyPancake

Wise words bro. Thank you!

RIPZYZZ likes this.
  7. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

She probably agreed with you on that and stopped talking to you.
    We all tend to see the past better than it was.. she probably forgot about you been not confident.. she was lonely, thought about you and decided to give you another shot.
    This is basically textbook for woman that are interested in a guy. They make it really easy, they want to speak with you all day, every day. They want to know everything about you. They are funny and as cute as they can to like you. Pictures.. emojis.. etc.
    Your first mistake, you texted to much. She already knew everything that was happening in your life, you weren't a mistery to her anymore. You were so available over the phone and never spend time with each other in person to create a bond. Her initial interest in you faded away slowly but surely every-time you chat with her over the phone and not in person.
    Once again, she extract information form you without the need to see you in person. You were not mistery at all for her, your where no longer a challenge, she already knew she had you.. so she lost interest in you.. and didn't respond at all!
    Because you wanted this date to happen, you changed the original plans to accommodate her, that weak. A girl that what to date you don't care about the plan. She just want to see you.
    That's her excuse to not go out with you.
    She definitively didn't want to go out with you at this point and she was hoping you get the hint and leave her alone.
    She didn't response to your last text.. guess what? she didn't want to talk to you. No matter how much you insist in it is going to make her want to talk to you. She is going to start to feel really uncomfortable about it and block you if you keep messaging her.
    Another excuse. She didn't have time to respond after 3 days? she is just not interest in you anymore and hopes that you get it.
    Girls are emotional beens so they don't want to hurt your feelings.. "of course that we are going to go out some time.. in the future.." girls leave things like this in the air when they don't want it to happen. At this point she has no intention to go out with you in the near future but she just don't want to hurt your feeling telling you directly that she don't want to do it.
    Your friend is as lost as you about understanding woman. You made a lot of mistakes and is pretty clear what is happening in her head since she reached out to you. Always look at woman actions, not her words. In the beginning she showed interest in you, today she is showing not interest at all in you.

Advice? Move on. don't text her again. if for some reason she text you, don't chat for hours.. just after a couple of text ask her out. If she give you excuses, just tell her that you are busy and leave the chat. if she reach out to you again.. tell her again you are busy and leave the chat. The only way the you two are going to stroke in a conversation is in person so.. at least she brings it up and you set a date, you have no more time to waste chit chatting with her. You are not going to tell her this, you are just going to show it to her with your actions. Good luck!

RIPZYZZ likes this.
  8. RIPZYZZ

RIPZYZZ Fapstronaut

OP, this post might be a little harsh, maybe a bit too generalizing but it is fairly true.
    You are a busy man that doesn't have time to get played by a girl.