1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the reason?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Oct 4, 2018.

1. My father is 6 foot.But I'm only 5'8".I'm 18 years.What is the reason for this?Is there anyone who grew taller after 18???

Contentful T likes this.
  2. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

I might have grew an inch due to quitting fapping and taking up authentic martial arts training. Very intense stretching and kind of could be seen as a Chinese form of yoga. The stretching aspect in particular, full body style, might have lengthened me out and the preservation of semen could have help me lengthen too. But only by an inch.

Shoto Jaya likes this.
  3. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I'm also 18. Me and my brother are taller than anyone else in our family. I'm around 180cm while my father and grandfathers are 172-175cm. My growth has slowed down but I'm still growing in height, but the age when growing stops depends entirely on the person. There are many people who have grown taller after hitting 18. Some relative of mine apparently grew from 170cm to 190cm while he was serving in my country's army. Meaning, he grew an insane 20cm in around a year, at the age of 19. Most likely you will outgrow your father eventually, but you can only be patient.

4. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

I would say you are right. Genetics is the biggest factor. And according to the Ayurvedic science one can potentially keep growing in height until about 23 or 24 (for males, subtract a year for females).

legendsneverdie likes this.
  5. If you're 18 and you're a male then you're not done growing. There is a possibility you may get taller. The possibility of you stunting your growth fapping too much also makes logical sense as you deplete all the necessary nutrients needed for growth from excessive ejaculation. I'm not sure if it's true but now you got another good reason to stop fapping.

6. legendsneverdie

legendsneverdie Fapstronaut

That’s really nice to show actually. I’m 19 and have been wondering if i can still grow and i believe i can! Been getting at least 8 hours sleep this past year, quitting masturbation and as always exercising frequently

Shoto Jaya likes this.
  7. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

My father was 5' 10" and the tallest in among 12 siblings. However, at 18 I was 6' 2" and by 21, I gained another inch. :)

Shoto Jaya likes this.
  8. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

You may continue to grow at this reduced rate and end up being quite tall. Also, if you are quite lean you will look taller than someone of the same height that is overweight or even just stocky looking. There is not much you can do about it.

Shoto Jaya likes this.
  9. I measured my height today.Now I'm 5'9".NoFap is really awesome! !!

10. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Because more than one gene determines height, and even after that, environmental factors can play in.

Gotham Outlaw and Shoto Jaya like this.