1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite inspirational quote in regards to Self Improvement?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Sign of the Times, Jun 24, 2015.

1. BlueNotes

BlueNotes Fapstronaut

I have not failed 10,000 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 10,000 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.

-Thomas Edison

Haggis and Kenji like this.
  2. DannyCool

DannyCool Fapstronaut

What way is that? What is the one way that works?

3. Kenji

Kenji Guest

The way of perserverance.

4. DannyCool

DannyCool Fapstronaut

Never give up attitude, staying positive and happy. :)

Kenji likes this.
  5. Abdualbasir

Abdualbasir Fapstronaut

Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The strong-man is not one who wrestles well but the strong man is one who controls himself when he is in a fit of rage.

DKR, Caveat Emptor and Kenji like this.
  6. Kenji

Kenji Guest

Awesome man.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Kenji

Kenji Guest

8. Haggis

Haggis Fapstronaut

This. If we can keep our heads screwed-on straight through those brief moments of temptation, we reap the rewards a hundredfold. Great quote man.

Kenji likes this.
  9. aakkss

aakkss Fapstronaut

Winners don't quit and quitters don't win. :)

10. Andrew536

Andrew536 Fapstronaut

Moderation? It's mediocrity, fear, and confusion in disguise. It's the devil's dilemma. It's neither doing nor not doing. It's the wobbling compromise that makes no one happy. Moderation is for the bland, the apologetic, for the fence-sitters of the world afraid to take a stand. It's for those afraid to laugh or cry, for those afraid to live or die. Moderation...is lukewarm tea, the devil's own brew. - Dan Millman from Way of the Peaceful Warrior

11. Bladecutter

Bladecutter New Fapstronaut

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

I always repeat this quote. Everyone complains about how the world is, how evil runs everything, how bad everything is, and how it's every man for themselves. Well, there's your problem. It's not every man for themselves, and thinking that just perpetuates the issue. Work on yourself, be good, do good, and good things will follow. You may get hurt or screwed over, but that is not an excuse.

Another one of my favorites:

“Knowledge isn’t power until it is applied.”
    ― Dale Carnegie

Which is so true, because there's a lot of people that talk the talk, but never do anything with it. They tell people how they're improving themselves, maybe even read a book or start to read a book, perhaps go on "retreats" or some such thing; but if you don't take what you learn and really apply it or integrate it in to your life, it will never stick and you will never change.

Don't just say. Do.

Andrew536 likes this.
  12. Andrew536

Andrew536 Fapstronaut

We can either find a way to quiet our mind, create empowering beliefs, raise our self esteem and practice positive self talk in order to find our focus and affirm our power to free our emotions and visualise positive outcomes so that we can develop the confidence to generate the courage to find the determination to make the commitment to feel sufficiently motivated to do whatever it is we need to do or just do it!