1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your personality type?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Sentinel, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Sunshadow

Sunshadow Distinguished Fapstronaut

INFJ (Advocate)

But I've changed to that over the past couple of years. I used to be ISTJ, which is a pretty dramatic difference.

2. Monkey81

Monkey81 Fapstronaut

My own take is that you tend to only hear people labeling themselves as 'extroverts' and 'type A'. You dont hear people say "im a introvert so...' or 'im a type B so...". Basically they (extroverts, type A) are borrowing an idea to justify their behavior. It is possible that the rest of us simply think bigger than that.

vulture175 likes this.
  3. AlienOverlord

AlienOverlord Fapstronaut

The test told me that I could be either INTP or INFP. The descriptions for both seem to really fit me.

INTP: Analytical, detached, second guessing self, working with systems.

INFP: Sense of wonder, ability to see good. Struggle with ethical (and moral for me) perfection. Not as much as when I was growing up, but I still pull toward that.

4. thatoneguy123

thatoneguy123 Fapstronaut

This is not the answer you expected but we have no identity.. We are always evolving if you try to have a identity personality type or any kind of label you will go crazy we are simple a soul that's always evolving

5. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

I'm an introverted boastful loud annoying ADD bastard who sometimes speaks cleverly.

6. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. I Free I

I Free I Guest

8. When I did this test and few other tests as well they all gave me INTJ all the time. But once I learned more about MBTI and applied some self analysis I figured that I am actually an INFJ.

9. SyrusDrake

SyrusDrake Fapstronaut

INTJ
    Introvert(69%) iNtuitive(50%) Thinking(50%) Judging(28%)
    • You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (69%)
    • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
    • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)
    • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (28%)

10. I've also heard that INFJs very often mistaken themselves (or get mistaken by tests, even more often) for INTJs. So beware all INTJs, there is quit a high chance that you might also, like me, actually be INFJ.

11. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

Learn the cognitive functions guys. That's the basis of Mbti. The tests are wrong most of the time because they test the 4 letters only and not the cognitive functions. When I took the test for the first time I tested out as an INFJ even though I'm definetely an INFP. INFP and INFJ even though they have only one letter different are completely different personality types. They don't share a single cognitive function in their functional stack and are actually easy to distinguish

12. SyrusDrake

SyrusDrake Fapstronaut

In my case, the description of INFJ matches my personality almost 100%. Except that I have no confidence.

13. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

Confidence has absolutely nothing to do with personality type. Every type can lack confidence and every type can be overconfident. The types describe how we process and take in information and how we make desicions. For the INFJ that's Introverted Intuition (Ni) and Extraverted Feelings (Fe). It's important that you figure out which cognitive functions you use naturally. The personality profiles don't take in the cognitive functions but focus on behaviour instead. That's the wrong way to look at the types and type yourself.

INFJs are long term thinkers and planers due to their dominant Introverted Intuition. It's a function that's about building a framework of abstract subjective information. INFJs tend to live in their heads and think about their own ideas and insights. This leads them to dismiss their surroundings. They can appear as not really "there".

There second function is Extraverted Feelings, which is a judgement function that judges objects based on external feeling tones and values. INFJs consider the external feeling atmosphere to be more important than their own values or the values of individuals in general. They value harmony and will do a lot to achieve it. This function is not necessarily about following social normes but more about harmony with the immediate surroundings.

14. UnorthodoxBox

UnorthodoxBox Fapstronaut

I'm an INFJ, which honestly has greatly contributed to my PMO problem.
    When INFJs get in a state of apathy, all we really want to do is lie in bed all day, and think. Or overconsume.

I'm currently trying hard to fight apathy, and become a bit more of an "alpha-male"

15. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

That's the famous Ni-Ti loop of INFJs. They are often considered to be the most contemplative of all types. When stressed they go to their inferior function (Se) and can become quite hedonistic. As an INFJ you should focus a lot on your auxilliary Fe which is often quite hard for INFJs to develop. Don't limit yourself by thinking in terms of alpha and beta-male. Just be yourself. Don't try to be something others want you to be. I know INFJs often have it very hard but they also have a lot of potential. Good luck on your journey.

16. UnorthodoxBox

UnorthodoxBox Fapstronaut

I actually help manage an MBTI discord server, you seem to be knowledgeable.
    If you're interested, we'd love having new members.
    https://discord.gg/gnTKg

17. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

HappyDaysAreHereAgain Fapstronaut

E N/S T P

There is no doubt about the ETP, they are all above 50%, but the N/S flips, according to the situation, so I can analyze and think something to death in ENTP mode, or I can go into panic get it done now ESTP mode.

18. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

Great to hear. Sounds like you're very well developed. But you sound more like and ESTP to me than ENTP. The extraverted intuition of ENTPs is more about seeing possibilites, reading between the lines and seeing the bigger picture and not about long term thinking. Extraverted sensing is being in the here and now, getting it done. The "being able to analyze something to death" part sounds like your auxilliary Ti which is about putting information in a logical framework.

Mbti is not about strength but preference. Do you prefer clear and concrete information or are you naturally a more abstract, reading between the lines kind of guy? First would be ESTP and second ENTP.

19. MrPrince

MrPrince Fapstronaut