1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What makes a great first date?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by meanbean70, Jun 18, 2017.

1. meanbean70

meanbean70 Fapstronaut

Yesterday i got a date with a girl who I've been on the verge of having a relationship with with for over a year and we hope to make it official. I want to make the best possible date i can, but i have never even been on a date before, so I'm not sure what to do. I know her well and i know it cant be a complete disaster(well you never know), but I really want our first date to go well. Does anybody have any tips or experience they want to share before i plan the date? I have two weeks because i am working at a summer camp, but when i come back we plan to do it.

2. The final step

The final step Fapstronaut

Do something original. Always. Don't just take her to the movies, she has tried that before. Do something that she will remember.

The Consigliere likes this.
  3. meanbean70

meanbean70 Fapstronaut

Noted. We live in the country so there's not too much to do. She likes tacos so i was thinking we could grab some tacos and go for a walk or something. i was originally planning to just take her to a movie and go to ice cream but that's too boring. I think i'm overthinking it.

faplordxd likes this.
  4. Anders Dahl

Anders Dahl Fapstronaut

Take her to the tacos place and just be you :)

5. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Yes, avoid the "dinner and a movie" trope for first dates.

I'm a big fan of going for coffee on a first date. Other great dates are things that are exhilarating or scary (as those feelings get transferred to you in the best way possible!), so, roller coasters, suspension bridges, hikes near cliffs, observation decks of tall buildings, etc. Really though, some of the best criteria for a good first date are as follows:
    • somewhere you are comfortable
    • somewhere you two can talk
    • something that takes 20-45 minutes, with a potential follow-up coffee or walk or something after
    • Expect to pay for it, but be gracious if she would like to pay for it for herself or for you! If you want to guarantee that you pay, tell whomever is at the counter, "Can you do me a favour? Can you not accept any money from this woman?" - this usually gets a laugh. (Laughing is good!).
    Yeah..that's about it. I also like to include a time or two (depending on how long the date is) where she has an "out" - a way to end the date without feeling awkward or embarrassed or feel like she has to sit through an eternity with you. No one likes feeling trapped in a crappy first date, so don't put her in that position. These options to go or stay are usually natural transitions in the conversation or whatever you are doing.

So, coffee, kites, observations decks, museums, art galleries! (I've had good advice for these if you want!), escape rooms, roller skating, hikes, stargazing (with GoogleSky, although this is better for a 3rd or 4th date), pottery painting...all kinds.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Great outline: avoid the over-pushy dinner and movie.
    I've even been told insisting to pay come off as a bit presumptuous, so I'd maybe avoid the pay in advance. For a quick drink/coffee, snack/app. I usually order at the bar and say "I can get this" but if she insists or offers to split I accept and dont rebuttal. I also dont take this as a negative sign that she's not interested.
    The potential follow-up after short date is great as it gives her or you a polite option out or an option for further committment.

I'll add a couple other ideas:
    -Last date did drinks-then open invite to free comedy show
    -Trampoline place or driving range (like Topgolf with point scoring and a bar)
    -Batting cage
    -your fav small desert place, (I had an obscure homemade apple pie place in Amsterdam)

My fav once-secret date idea:
    -Second or later: test drive cars (fun if you want to roleplay as engaged couple picking a wedding gift...two seater convertible no sales rep to bug you)
    Great because you have to sell it so you act more intimate, used this when I missed the sign to kiss her on the prior date and she revealed a few dates later she was glad she gave me a second chance.

7. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

I'm totally stealing this! Tesla here I come!

8. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

Having a drink at a place (bar star buks and so on ) is the best way.
    Say something like lets have a short meeting at Lets have a short drink.

This date is good because she feels like its not a big deal because she can walk away any time no pressure. Its just a drink.

Having a drink is a good way to have a great conversation talking about her passions and teasing her.. basically getting to know her. If you feel there is a connection and she likes you then you can LEAVE.

The best part of this date is that you can get the CONTROL TO STOP THE DATE. At a dinner date or movies usally take a long time same goes for other arrangements at a bar you can choose when to leave.

Why is this good? Well if she starting to like you and then you decide to leave she will be like WHY it was fun don’t you like me?. I usually say it was fun but I have to go I will contact you later..

Note YOU ARE HAVING THE POWER to call her back she is now insecure if you want a second date and if you can achieve that you are basically in for a second date.

Woman like the chase if you give her the idea you are all over her at the first date its probably going to be the last that’s why dinner dates movie dates are bad it takes to long first date should be “short” to get her interested.

That doesn’t mean its forbidden to kiss her or have sex at a first date.. it can happen but always make sure she still has the feeling that she likes you more then you her.

I kissed a girl on our first date but after the kiss i left.. and i said i call you..

9. sknnyjns

sknnyjns Fapstronaut

Netflix and chill.

10. There's no formula for the perfect date, but most of the these posts are on the right track. Plan for something that lets you interact with her..movies are terrible because you're basically spending two hours purposely NOT talking to each other. I think going for a walk together is a wonderful idea.

11. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

lol

12. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

A great first date for me means that we were both highly interested in each other during the date. She has a healthy view of gender roles and isn't even mildly a femi-nazi or cultural marxist. She's down to earth; emotionally available as well as emotionally intelligent, she is elegant and has a good heart, and there is a great amount of chemistry between us. It's great to get a kiss on the first date as well.

13. The Consigliere

The Consigliere Fapstronaut

You low key just described my type of girl as well. Anyways I would say find something mutual between you two for the date and just be you. The sound of tacos and a walk work well, to be honest.

Runtilmylegsdropoff likes this.
  14. faplordxd

faplordxd Fapstronaut

My first date always goes as follows: Text her, get her to come over to my place
    HUG her immediately when you see her if you meet online or something say
    hey im faplord and give her a hug

then walk inside, i show her around the house. This whole time i have music
    playing (smooth jazz) because im into it. And just start messing around
    then we have drinks and then i pull her downstairs into my computer room
    and show her all my youtube videos (they have a lot of views) and im super
    into making videos so she always gets into it just because i am

then after we joke around shes super comfy (im always able to just talk and
    talk) i then pull her upstairs to my bedroom saying lets go watch game of thrones
    (read all the books twice) and love the show so i know everything about it
    and because im so into it shes all excited too

also before this i always start getting lightly physical/ intimate i go for the kiss
    within the first 30 minutes just saying "give me a kiss" after she laughs at
    something and she knows whats up (obviously when she comes over to your
    house she knows whats going to happen) then always lightly flirt and touch
    her legs, make out etc

so now we're in my bedroom and i start making out with her while watching
    episode 1 of game of thrones ive seen it like 8 times with 8 different girls
    lol and because im so into it she gets into it but then i just start making out
    with her and then start fingering her/touching her tits just slowly turning her
    on then suddenly ill stop and go back to explaining the show

i do this for like 30 mins then tell her to take her shirt off etc and we fuck

100% close rate 8/8 times also you need to be good in bed so that she keeps
    wanting to see you again. make sure you fuck her really well and she will always
    come back/ text you to hang out again

TLDR: bring her over, show her stuff you're interested in then make sure you
    fuck her that first night (and fuck her well) because if you dont then she will
    get buyers remorse and not want to see you again

good luck boys

razpf and Darth Buji like this.
  15. Drew140

Drew140 Guest

You guys are bad dates

16. faplordxd

faplordxd Fapstronaut

rude

17. Drew140

Drew140 Guest

How about dinner at a nice restaurant, conversation, maybe a post dinner walk.

pranav02 likes this.
  18. faplordxd

faplordxd Fapstronaut

because then she will see you as a provider male and wont be down to fuck
    the first night

19. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

That doesn't work when you meat some girl on the street or public place she probably will not go to you're place immediately because its freaky.

Usally better to ask her out for a drink and then either hook up or leave early.. BUT NEVER STAY LONG AND DONT HOOK UP.

IF you take her to a restaurant or dinner then yes. But having a little drink not at all..

Just make sure its short so she will wonder why you left so early.. Or hook up but not stay to long.. it will make her thinx you want more then just a date( a relationship) and thats scary.

You don't need to hook up to let her know you are a alpha male.. Just make sure you don't give her the impression she is on a pedestal by staying verry long at a date.

make it short and make her crave you. Woman like drama a challenge so if you leave early she will be like does he like me?

And if you do stay longer make sure you hook up

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    faplordxd likes this.
  20. faplordxd

faplordxd Fapstronaut

Ya its something ive been experimenting with is not letting her sleep over the first night

The rest of your post is good i just dont really do the whole drinks thing