1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What other language do wish you could speak?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by tweeby, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Yo tam bien. Mi mejor amigo es Mexicano.

Jason_Tesla_19 likes this.
  2. Not to split hairs, because English has a ton of Latin influence directly and by way of French. But English is actually in the Germanic language family.

Sorry... pet peeve :p

Flyhigh likes this.
  3. Jason_Tesla_19

Jason_Tesla_19 Fapstronaut

I think it's supposed to be "también", not "tam bien". Forgive me if it was just a typo! My fingers have a mind of their own sometimes!
    No tengo un mejor amigo y no tengo muchos amigos, entonces estoy un poco triste.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Aw :(

Jason_Tesla_19 likes this.
  5. ReadyToStop

ReadyToStop Fapstronaut

Better Spanish would be great. Mine is barely conversational with a really shallow vocabulary.

It's hard to use. I'm in SoCal with so many Spanish speakers but they all get English so fast there's not way to use it ( unless you're talking to someone's Grandma )

subway14 and Jason_Tesla_19 like this.
  6. Thanks, I speak better than I write. Plus my autocorrect hates Spanish. Lol

7. Trevelyan357

Trevelyan357 Fapstronaut

I know that nothing really beats moving and immersing yourself into the language/country you are interested in. If you are just starting out though, what is the best way to go?

Duolingo or a formal classroom?

u376 likes this.
  8. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

I think formal classroom

9. I've heard a lot of people having good success with audio learning. It's almost the same as immersing yourself in the culture, really, if you're listening to the language all the time. Or watching movies in the language, with English subtitles, might be good. I dont really think you need a formal classroom if you're motivated enough to learn on your own. Just make your own class. You can even buy a textbook if you want.

Flyhigh likes this.
  10. KS1994

KS1994 Fapstronaut

I tried to learn German years ago but didn't like the sentence structure and the der/die/das pronouns. My grandparents were native German speakers and I like German films, culture and history. I can speak with a clean accent and can interpret much of spoken and written German. My grandparents assimilated when they became adults and refused to speak German to me when I was a child so I didn't develop bilingual, despite my mothers insistence to them.

11. subway14

subway14 Fapstronaut

well I speak several languages already but I wish I could speak Chinese and Arabic

truthseeker17 likes this.
  12. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

Flyhigh, u376 and tweeby like this.
  13. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Oh la la, oui j'adore le langue francais.

Flyhigh likes this.
  14. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

Correction c'est : oui , j'adore le langue Français

tweeby likes this.
  15. tweeby

tweeby Banned

merci beau cul ;)

quelquefois j'utilise ca mot avec la fille dans mon bureau, c'est fantasique, surtout avec mon copain francais @2525

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    Flyhigh likes this.
  16. tweeby

tweeby Banned

mi español es fluido cuando uso el traductor de google

17. subway14

subway14 Fapstronaut

rather "la langue française" ;)

Flyhigh, tweeby and kingpietro like this.
  18. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

Correct

Flyhigh likes this.
  19. tweeby

tweeby Banned

OMG I can't believe I've been writing that wrong all this time, I knew most words that end in an 'e' are considered feminine.