1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What the?!

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Anew2019, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Anew2019

Anew2019 Fapstronaut

38 years old. Never really dates much. Had couple of girlfriends back about 10 years ago that lasted for about 3 weeks each. I have always felt that girls that I am attracted to would not want to have anything to do with me. I am coming a long way in my healing and now I can say "What the f*&k?!?". I know why I felt that way and I know who made me feel that way. I am mad. Of course a girl would want to be with me! For crying out loud! I can't believe this. I can't believe my mom made me feel like this. She had a real way of making me feel stupid and useless. Like I am a piece of crap. Why would a pretty girl want to be with a piece of crap like me is the way I thought. This makes me so angry. I am a good man. I have my faults. I am still loveable. I am glad I see that now. I am totally flabbergasted that I was that messed up for all those years. Maybe the PMO helped me feel that too. This is crazy.

properWood likes this.
  2. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

37 year old here, dated a bit more, but still unsuccessful.

I see you read Gabor Mate and I'd like to recommend "The emotionally absent mother" by Jasmin Lee Cori. Read it alone or with a therapist at your aid, because it will bring up more anger and crying; but it will help heal those wounds.

Good luck! :)

Anew2019 likes this.
  3. Anew2019

Anew2019 Fapstronaut

Thank you so much for sharing. I will definitely read this. I can't afford a therapist right now. I will see if I can find it. Thank you.
    Yeah. I read his book In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts. It was such a good book. Eye opening.

Sorry to hear you have gone through tough times too. I pray that you find success in dating. We will.