1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What to do in Freetime

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Life193, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Life193

Life193 New Fapstronaut

Hey everyone thanks for joining in first of all :D

Lately I kinda feel bored even if I'm actually really motivated to do some stuff.
    I've done some productivity like clean up or get things tome and tbh I made that to my daily schedule so it's not really a thing to kill time and more a responsibility :D

I do have one good friend but I would like to go out alone more often so I can get to meet some women all by myself, but there are just a couple of bars around my town and it's not really a fun place to go if u're 19 and u want to meet some girls without alcohol at daytime.
    I do work out in a gym but that isn't a place to go when u're bored either so my question to u is, what do u do for fun or to meet some new people?
    What kind of hobbies could u recommend that won't cost me that much to try out?

Toni7 likes this.
  2. BMHoff

BMHoff Fapstronaut

I recently started attending a country dancing event that meets weekly. It's cheap and loads of fun. Maybe you could find a group like that. My friend found this group's special event on Facebook. We attended, and I learned that they also meet weekly.

Also, I'm trying to get involved in a running group, or some other type of sport that requires no commitment. In my city, there is a large group of people that plays ultimate frisbee weekly. I was invited by a friend to go to ultimate frisbee, during which I learned they have a Facebook page.

Churches, especially larger ones, often have many options for activities and events for people our age. In my city, we have a Christian megachurch that has a large young adult community, bible studies for all ages, and even several support groups for various problems. Furthermore, we many non-Christian churches that have large communities and do many volunteer events. If you appreciate religion but don't specifically identify with any, you may find comfort in a Unitarian Universalist church.

Have you tried the website/app Meetup? They have various groups like going out to eat/drink, sports, hiking, board games, and more. I don't think the young population is vibrant on it but it's a possibility.

If you have a local university nearby, you may be able to find groups around there. On the website of mine there is a page for organizations that include both students and community members.

There are various gyms in my city, so of which I heard have classes and groups. You could consider finding a more active gym. I go to Planet Fitness, which doesn't have much. One of my favorite things was joining a rock climbing gym. However, this was expensive ($60 a month), and I quit when school started. You could also consider a martial arts gym of some sort.

Something I'm trying to do is to ask my acquaintances if I can simply join them if they do anything fun. Usually, people will say yes, especially if you are open to any plans. This seems to work sometimes.

I know exactly what you're going through. I'm trying to get involved and social, but I'm finding it much more difficult than expected. I find that weekly groups are best for me.

Best of luck!

Life193 likes this.
  3. Life193

Life193 New Fapstronaut

Thank u sir, i'll definitely try some things out especially those university groups could work for me.

Good luck as well:D

BMHoff likes this.