1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT TO DO

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

If we often choose the wrong alternate activities, we will fall. The weakest level of alternate activities are level 5 activities. Things like risky TV or movies, hanging with friends who lead you down the wrong path, gambling, or drinking.

While these things are usually better than P, you will have a much higher chance to quit your habit if you choose level 1 and level 2 activities. Level 1 activities include Bible study, prayer, reading Christian books, reading quitting addiction books, helping out at church, and telling a friend how Jesus is helping you. Also, try joining a church Bible study, sometimes they are great. These activities not only distract and help you through today, but they also strengthen you for tomorrow and all month.

Level 2 activities are things like exercising plus prayer, exercising outside of your home, team sports, group activities, hanging with friends who tend to help you instead of leading you down the wrong path.

Level 3 activities are learning a musical instrument, sports or non-computer games at home, hobbies at home.

This article is not meant to be a complete list of alternative activities. The point is, if you focus on level 1 and 2 activities, they help your future. The more you focus on higher-level activities, the better your chances are for freedom. Always push to improve your activity by a level or two. It is a secret to success.

Lastly, treat your activities list as your work. You are working towards having a future of freedom and joy. The pay is 10 times the pay you will get at any other job. The rewards are huge. Believe, work, succeed.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
    swazzy1 likes this.
  2. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

We think that Paul from the Bible was some superman. And I suppose he was. But, why? I think he looked at a passage like the one from James which says: “Faith without works is dead.” Then he always focused on the word “dead”... and he decided he wanted to be alive.

If you are only partially alive, it is hard to fight addiction. If we choose to make a commitment to good works, we are choosing to live. Paul believed this verse from A to Z. Then he constantly choose activities that allowed him to live at all times.

Level one activities take us from death to life. They allow the Holy Spirit to fill us to prepare us for good works.

Paul was not born a superman. But he disciplined himself to be aware at all times that he wanted to be alive. He prayed about purpose, as if God had something great for him to do. He studied the Bible, as if it might be a key for someone to be saved. He praised God and gave thanks at all times, because he served a great and mighty God.

There is a great book called The Prayer of Jabez. The key prayer in the book is: “I pray that You would expand my borders and bless me indeed.”

Most of us are caught up in distractions and habits. But, as we are fighting with all our might, we can pray this prayer a few times each day.

Lastly, if we pick our activities the way Paul picked his... we will have a spectacular decade.

3. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

These are useful and logical thoughts. I must laugh at myself when I read the list because I recall that I had to use level 3 activities to stop myself from being preoccupied by computer games which I presume are level 4 or level 5 activities. I guess I have been slowly working my way up the list.

timcia likes this.