1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What Up!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Shestakov, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Shestakov

Shestakov Fapstronaut

What’s goin’ on guys,

My name is Shestakov (sort of) and I have been trying to quit P seriously for about a year now. I am a non-denominational Christian and have been walking with God since last July (2018.) The longest streak I was able to hold was about three weeks, although it wasn’t the cleanest I could’ve been. Anyway, currently I have just finished the two week mark and let me tell you, as you already know, it sure ain’t easy! I’m glad to have joined and hope to grow with this community as I myself grow as a person. Looking forward to all the future discussions! I have learned a lot of things in my life, and am happy to share whatever. Also, if anyone has anything they’d like to ask just let me know. May peace and persistence find their way to you all.

Coffee Candy and Deleted Account like this.
  2. Hello and welcome! :)

We are glad to have you as a part ofour community. Here are some quick links to get you started.

Getting Started Guide | How to Usethe NoFap Forums | Panic Button | Day Counter | Rebooting Resources | Forum Rules | Glossary

If you wish to keep a journal of your progress you can do so in the appropriate section found here

You can also take part in one of the many challenges available. It can be a tremendous help. Challenges

Also, there are groups you can also join if you wish to do so. You can browse through them here. Groups

There are plenty of wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable people here to help you along on your journey to a life free of PMO. I wish you nothing but the best!

3. Shestakov

Shestakov Fapstronaut

Coffee Candy and Deleted Account like this.
  4. Heyyy welcome to the NoFap forum : ) It's nice to see you here fighting the good fight alongside us!

Here is just some advice:

First and foremost please take a look at each section in the forum, there might be something(s) you may find of big help to you. Feel free to post there :+)

Then secondly I just strongly advise you to be active on your profile(as there quite a few active people in the profile section). Please start by choosing an avatar and then make daily status posts to show you're active and needing support/encouragement. They've also got a neat little feature that shows freshly posted statuses for all users to see. People will find your profile and give you encouragement/support.

People (are beginning to) love communicating in the profile section..(it should be and is )mostly spportive talk but it doesn't hurt to deviate from supportive talk. It would be great to have you join in and support others in the threads, profiles, and journal, we could always use your help and in return you shall receive some as well!

Thirdly, You should also highly consider creating a public journal and write about your days in more depth for us members to follow along your journey and offer support to you by way of posting in your journal.

Last but not least: Good luck on your journey here, make sure to really give it a try with all your heart!

Deleted Account and Shestakov like this.
  5. Shestakov

Shestakov Fapstronaut

Thank you kindly. Yeah I’ll have to attempt to be as active as long as it’s healthy. The connectedness here is great and that is something all of us should definitely be taking advantage of. However IRL support is much more beneficial IMO; nonetheless glad to be a part of of this experience. And yeah... definitely needs to come from the heart, which is more difficult to change than it seems!

6. Get behind me Satan

Get behind me Satan Fapstronaut

Welcome Shestakov. This place is great and you will find loads of encouragement from most people on here.

Shestakov likes this.