1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What video games are you playing?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by AnythingIsPossible, Mar 10, 2014.

1. AnythingIsPossible

AnythingIsPossible Fapstronaut

For me Xbox was always a way to escape the guilt and shame I felt from PMO as opposed to a tool I'd use to distract myself from the urges. I'd invest a lot of time into games like Call of Duty, so when I played them and did well, it would make me feel good. But then I found I started to feel guilty playing after PMOing, like I didn't deserve to enjoy it, or that I didn't deserve to talk to my friends.

Unfortunately I had to leave my xbox at home, so the last time I properly played I was nowhere near the stage I'm at now in accepting my PMO addiction as a problem. But I'm going home soon and now I think playing Xbox might be a great way to channel my spare energy to something more productive (kind of) and enjoyable (maybe). What do you guys think? What games do you find best to distract yourself or just what are you playing at the moment?

It's funny though thinking back, a lot of relapse/sessions came from playing Xbox and not being able to get the idea of PMO out of my head, like my attention to the games provided me with hyperfocus to think about it. That or subconsciously touching myself during a cut scene ...

Jakob :)

2. Pootis

Pootis Fapstronaut

I'm not able to play as much games because of homework of course. When I do play, its usually Team Fortress 2, and sometimes I managed to use it to distract myself from PMO habits in the past. It only worked sometimes, but socializing with my online and IRL friends is helping me more.

3. I quit <3 But my previous self used to play skyrim - my second fav game ever ever ever, League of Legends, Path of Exile, diablo 2, morrowind, oblivion, assassin's creed brotherhood, the sims, minecraft, gta san andreas, a lot of gba games including pokemon yellow I think, animal's crossing, zelda skyward sword and twilight princess on wii, ocarina of time on gamecube, and my favourite game ever in the enire world, my most treasured game, the penultimate Graal of games: Zelda Wind Waker. I'd die for this game. On command.

4. Caveat Emptor

Caveat Emptor Distinguished Fapstronaut

I play Team Fortress 2 more than anything else. I've playing for 5+ years on a server where everyone knows each other and we chat and its a lot fun. After about a year there, they asked me to help administrate the servers.

I have two really good friends from growing up that I play with regularly. Currently, we're playing Civiliation V and Monaco.

5. Petrassi

Petrassi Fapstronaut

I've been playing Gears of War 3 online a lot recently. The thing is, games can be just as dangerously triggering as anything else. Pick a game that you know doesn't have raunchy characters, because they ARE triggers and they will cause you to MO. I know this from experience, during my challenge I played a couple of video games that were unassuming to me until they break out the bustiest women alive that aren't even plausible in real life. Gears of War 3 has been perfect for me as a distraction, it releases some of my pent up adrenaline/testosterone due to the nature of the online play! But I must admit that in terms of distracting from PMO, gaming with a friend is far superior to keep your mind out of the gutter. Even gaming online with a microphone I feel would be better than sitting quietly where your thoughts have easier control over you!

Best of luck with the challenge, gaming does work when does wisely :)

6. basstrombone

basstrombone Fapstronaut

Well said!
    Maybe its back to Super Mario for me...

7. warriorwithin

warriorwithin Fapstronaut

Fighters all the way!
    Marvel vs Capcom, BlazBlue, Persona 4 arena, Street Fighter

8. AnythingIsPossible

AnythingIsPossible Fapstronaut

Unusually diverse selection of games there! I just seem boring now when I say I'll probably end up playing GTA when I get home!

9. I am playing GTA San Andreas these days. Just completed Batman Arkham Asylum and loved it.

10. pls_end_this

pls_end_this Fapstronaut

I like games that make you think and have consequences depending on your actions. Basically, I'm an RPG fan and ex-MMO player. Playing the Mass Effect Trilogy, on Mass Effect 2 presently. I limit my play time though to 3 or 4 hours only on weekends as a way to decompress. So I usually play two hours Saturday after dinner and an hour or two Sunday. I have to say I played through the club scene with the hot dancers on the bar real fucking quick. lol I just wanted to get the hell out of there.