1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What was said on genesis 2:7 is there no life after death?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Zillion, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Zillion

Zillion Fapstronaut

I barely know everything regarding Christianity of bible hence I hadn't born in Christianity background.

Though, I`ve been learning about the history of Christianity and things which got written in the bible.

In the class of Christianity, today I`ve learned there`s a large number of people of Christianity, won`t have believed in life after death.

in Genesis 2:7, stated

'The lord god formed humanity from the dust of the Earth.
    He blew into his nostrils the breath of life, and he became a living being.'

so here`s are my questions listed below::

what does word 'Nefesh' refer to?.
    Do the either human and beast got raised and ends in the dust particles?.

Most of Christians do believe in the reincarnation of Jesus, but they disagree with the concept of life after death.

Why`re a bit ironical? what`s going on in a belief system of Christians?

Also, please do apologize me if I said anything offensive or misleading, I`m just started learning about Christianity so far.

2. 1 Tes. 4:3

1 Tes. 4:3 Fapstronaut

I am a Christian, and as far as I know, every Christian that is called so believes in life after death. There are several Bible verses pointing to it.

As for becoming dust, the apostle Paul explains (1 Corinthians 15:38-43)

38 But God gives it a body as he has chosen, and to each kind of seed its own body. 39 For not all flesh is the same, but there is one kind for humans, another for animals, another for birds, and another for fish. 40 There are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is of one kind, and the glory of the earthly is of another. 41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory. 42 So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable; what is raised is imperishable. 43 It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power.

So the "dust" we become (meaning de decomposition of our bodies after dying) can be seen as a "perishable" seed, but we will raised in a spiritual body. For eternal life and resurrection, please read 1 Corinthians 15.

TheNewestCreation likes this.
  3. soulrebel

soulrebel Fapstronaut

Here's what Muslims believe, This chapter is called Az Zumar ( Throngs )

66. “Rather, worship Allah, and be of the appreciative.
    67. They have not esteemed Allah as He ought to be esteemed. The entire earth will be in His grip on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens will be folded in His righ. Immaculate is He, and Transcendent He is beyond the associations they make.
    68. And the Trumpet will be sounded, whereupon everyone in the heavens and the earth will be stunned, except whomever Allah wills. Then it will be sounded another time, whereupon they will rise up, looking on.
    69. And the earth will shine with the Light of its Lord; and the Book will be put in place; and the prophets and the witnesses will be brought in; and Judgment will be passed among them equitably, and they will not be wronged.
    70. And every soul will be fully compensated for what it had done.”

Liv4ever likes this.
  4. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

The Hebrew word "Nefesh" has several meanings, all depending on the context, but in what you quoted it basically means that man became a "living being" (through the insertion of a soul in his earthly body).

5. AncestralWarrior

AncestralWarrior Fapstronaut

Essentially, there is no "physical" afterlife. Your soul, spirit, is what that remains. You must take look after it and nurture it throughout this short lifetime.

Liv4ever likes this.
  6. This is not true at all. One of the very foundations of Christianity is a belief in life after death. Idk where you got the idea that Christians don't believe in life after death, but that's false.

7. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

That's completely wrong. Life after death is one of the main points of Christianity.

8. Superman25

Superman25 Fapstronaut

The Bible was written in Hebrew (Old Testament) and Greek (New Testament). The Hebrew word for soul is "nephesh" which means "person", "being", "animate"...Its a term that can also be used with animals and other living things. Note how the Bible says it. The Genesis 2:7 you quoted says it all... "He blew into his nostrils and he became a living soul". Humans don't have a soul, humans are souls. Ezekiel 18:4 said that a soul is mortal, and can die... Nobody has an immortal soul that lives on after we die. Nephesh means soul, or person or being... I am a Nephesh, you are a Nephesh, my dog is a Nephesh...
    The Bible doesn't teach that after death, an 'immortal soul" suffers in torment or enjoys in bliss. Ecclesiastes 9:5 says that the dead know nothing at all. The fate of all persons ends in the Grave, where their thoughts perish

The only hope that the Bible offers to the dead is the resurrection. Job asked God a heartfelt question about this matter in Job 14:14, 15 Job believed that the resurrection is man's only relief from death.
    Reincarnation doesn't have root in the Bible, but in Hinduism. Jesus Christ was resurrected by God when he died. Resurrection is a privilege God grants to good people and not to wicked people. When human perfection is restored to the earth, John 5:28, 29 says that those in the memorial tombs would hear Jesus' voice and come out... Jesus Christ, himself, performed resurrections while on earth... He's going to be the ruler of a heavenly government that would end death forever.

i_wanna_get_better1 and Liv4ever like this.