1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the one event in your life that's wrecked you since?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by AntiqueRevolverGuy, Feb 19, 2020.

1. AntiqueRevolverGuy

AntiqueRevolverGuy Fapstronaut

What was the one moment, the one thing, that made your entire self conscious go downhill?
    And I don't mean necessarily whether that means you're still depressed from it or not, or if it still affects you. But something that definitely changed you, and made you go down a downward spiral that forever changed your perception of your life.

2. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

When I attempted suicide in early 2008. I tried to overdose on anti-depressants. I was going through a really dark time and I hope that I won't walk down that path again. I don't think about suicide that often anymore, but I used to desire to die (almost every day). I know that if I were to die by suicide, it would hurt my friends and family and they don't deserve to have to go through that.

I now believe that life is a precious gift and it would be tragic to waste it by killing myself. There are good people in this world that want me to recover-- it's not totally bad.

Mistersofty likes this.
  3. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

I’d have to say that discovering nofap has created a permanent shift in my mindset. It’s been over 2 years and I can honestly say that my life has not been the same. I think that nofap may have triggered a midlife crisis for me.

4. Kligor

Kligor Fapstronaut

I have one event which fucked me up,but i recovered without trauma.
    When i was a kid,i i known one man he was 50 years old back then.He was kind,respectful and ready to help you.He have known my father from school.He call me to come to his house,so i did.And i made a big mistake!Yes he was kind and respectful but he was a pedophile.He have hided his real personality and put me in the trap.When i enter to his house he just tell me put you pants down.I was just a kid i didn't know what to do.First he beat me up and start to push his finger in my ass.I was full of fear and i hit him in head with fist and i run away.I was in trauma for whole year,what a monster.