1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What your Avatar means to you, or why you chose it.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Farzium, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Daruma

Daruma Fapstronaut

Maybe not, but if you look at that guy's story, he's done really well. I hope I can achieve what he's been able to.

GigglingTrout likes this.
  2. Mine is actually the pattern from Eddie Van Halen's guitar. It represents a hobby that I've taken up in order to help myself get through these tough times, and one of my favorite guitarists of all time.

DarkPassenger17 and Reborn16 like this.
  3. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

I found my one on a chilled music playlist on youtube (you can find it searching "we all have stories to tell").

That music combined with the landscape of the giant moon on the horizon dwarfing the earth, amplified by the low set clouds and tree for context, all made me feel like a small part of this universe.

I found that playlist around the same time I started NoFap, and it reminds me of when I finally had some answers for some of the problems in my life.

4. GigglingTrout

GigglingTrout Fapstronaut

Thank you for saying that (and taking the time to read my journal, for that matter). I appreciate the support, man.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  5. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

I'm insanely in love with Lauren Sanderson atm

6. onix

onix Fapstronaut

I did have a avatar of Muhammad Ali with his quote " don't count the days, make the days count"

But is was taken down for unknown reasons.

7. DarkPassenger17

DarkPassenger17 Fapstronaut

Oh wow, nice to meet you Jeff Bridges, I loved you in the Big Lebowski...

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
  8. SquidCook

SquidCook Fapstronaut

I love SpongeBob Squarepants and Squidward is one of my favourite characters in the show. That’s why my avatar is a picture of him.

整列するおとこ likes this.
  9. Hermanensohn

Hermanensohn New Fapstronaut

My avatar is the Norse god of the sky, of war and of justice Týr and the demon wolf Fenrir. The gods were scared by the power of Fenrir, so they wanted to bind him, but he broke every chain. Until the dwarves came up with Gleipnir, but Fenrir noticed there was something wromg and demanded Týr to put his hand into Fenrirs mouth while they put him on the chain. Týr volluntarilly sacrificed his hand and the wolf was bound. Fenrir is to me the PMO addiction, you can never kill it, but you can lay it in chains and make it inactive. Abstaining from PMO is sacrificing the one hand. A small sacrifice for what I get for it: The taming of the PMO addiction and the safety of the rest of my body and all the other gods (my normal sex life and my relationship and future children).

InformalPermit8701 likes this.
  10. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

My new one is of Alvin Davis. He's a boxer and I do his Box and Burn workout. I've never done anything related to boxing before and I find it to be one of the most helpful exercises. It's helped me lose weight and feel more healthy. It's also made me understand why boxers make noises when they punch, it's really hard work to repeatedly do punches. The avatar reminds me to keep on with my workout program.

11. Fantasia

Fantasia Fapstronaut

My avatr remind me of the Goethian fabula.

12. Been meditating for year's since 2015 and I think I could describe how they are to anyone that's a non believer against them. I want to remind myself my chakra's are aligned and in motion. My name is Aligned Man in Japanese.

13. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

I thought it was Jean LaFitte's flag. Jean LaFitte was a man of dubious origins who used his courage, work ethic, and ingenuity to build a pirate/smuggling empire significant enough to war with nations and eventually save one. Self-made man, all-American.

It's actually Stede Bonnett's flag. Stede Bonnett was a landowner in the West Indies, but got bored and became a pirate. He didn't know what the hell he was doing, and got "recruited" by a real pirate you might have heard of; good old Eddy Teach, or as most knew him, Blackbeard. Mr. Beard kept Bonnett around for a while, until Bonnett figured out he was just a mascot or a pet to the more competent and charismatic man. So he said he'd take his ship and go his own way, thanks, and found out he didn't have a ship any more. Bonnett probably wound up hanging from a gibbet somewhere in New England, having squandered every resource and opportunity that came his way and losing to more violent, but in some ways better men.

I haven't changed it because... I don't know.