1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What's love?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Lion'sDenDaniel, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Is this love?

I've recently came into contact of an old friend and we clicked right after that. The problem is that I fall real hard for someone and I believe that she's the prefect match for me I think. Can you guys help me out? I think I'm in love. This isn't my first merry go round or anything.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2014
  2. DarsMaul

DarsMaul Fapstronaut

Honestly, I think you need to find it what you consider love. To me, love is standing by someone no matter what and supporting them through everything whether you agree or not. Being willing to do anything for someone and not looking for anything in return, dropping everything for this one person and wanting nothing more than them to be happy. There is more but I think you get the idea.

3. Yep. Than I'm in love. Because I feel that way for her.

4. DarsMaul

DarsMaul Fapstronaut

Thats awesome than. :) i hope things between you two work out. Love is such a wonderful thing

5. ColeO

ColeO Fapstronaut

Love is when you know you can trust them with anything, and that they can trust you with anything. It also means that you arent afraid to speak your mind about something they may be doing, that you're comfortable being romantic with them sexually or emotionally, and that you want their happiness more than anything. Love is a beautiful thing and I hope you have it! :)

6. Thanks guys. I'm in love with her. Idk what to do or how to show or anything actually. She's going away for college pretty soon and I'm flipping out. Idk what to do.

7. Ekhangel

Ekhangel Fapstronaut

Love is the will to create (as opposed to hatred, which is the will to destroy). Take care for your preferences to mature sufficiently before you commit strongly, so that the former doesn't turn into the latter too swiftly, only wasting your energy.

8. Thanks exhangel. Love could be a lot of things, but between two people your right that love is the will to create. To create another human, or to bring somebody else into your life other than your partner.

9. Fapstronaut5296

Fapstronaut5296 Fapstronaut

This is awesome Godschild. I know how you feel. Because, i too fall real hard for a girl and this has caused me pain before. But, we all learn from our mistakes and we'll be better in our next relationship. I wish you'll be happy with this girl. Keep us posted.

PS: I like romantic stories. Be it in a movie, or a real one like yours. :)

10. Thanks Fapstronaut. I'll try to keep u posted.

11. IGY

IGY Guest

How would you describe this girl?

12. kopl123

kopl123 Fapstronaut

I think you are in love with something when you are willing to give your all for their bettering. It's a sacrifice and an act of total selflessness. The perfect example of love would be John 3:16. A more down-to-earth example would be the sacrifices your parents made for you. :)

13. Thanks so I came to a conclusion that I'm not in love. The reason behind it is because we've only been liking each other for a week or so. I'm not trying to rush myself into a relationship with this oh so gorgeous woman just because she is leaving off to go to college soon. Love is patient and kind. It says somewhere in the Bible.. so I'm not in love with this woman. I'm still a fetus as my friend would say. So I don't think I even know what I want yet or want to do with the rest of my life. Let alone involve somebody else's feelings. I was just too caught up on the signs she was sending me. I wasn't considering her feelings. I was just considering mine. But I'll keep you guys updated if you guys would like. Thanks for reading this long posts.

God Bless

Godschild

14. IGY

IGY Guest

I had a suspicion that it was infatuation based on her physicality rather than love for her as a person. I am pleased you could recognise this because you could have caused both of you problems by pursuing something on the basis of their looks. The people you have a crush with are necessarily the people with whom you fall in love. Yours was not a long post. I recommend that you always try and express yourself fully, however long that proves to be.

15. I do "love" her as a person. I try not to base stuff on looks. I'm In it to win it not to lose her. So if she feels a certain type of way about me then it's recroprocated back. I just dont like rushing things. Like I've known her all my life and I liked her for awhile I just never said anything about it to her. But now that I've told her I like her a week ago she likes me like how I like her but it's just bad timing and plus to early to even think about dating her. She's going off to school. I'm staying home. And it is way to early to even tell. I just got caught up in that first date where we kissed. She said it was a bad idea to kiss anyway but we did. And now I'm contemplating on whats next for us. But she's going off to college so the next is still going to be friends as of now until idk when.

16. monvoyage

monvoyage Fapstronaut

the only advice i can give you is to not force any kind of label on your relationships. I love so many girls, and each in a different way, loving someone can happen in an unlimited number of facets. Just embrace your feelings, enjoy them - they wont change no matter what you call them.

17. Thanks monvoyage. I appreciate your thoughts on my situation. So far we are just friends since she is going off to school and all. But I'll keep that in mind. Thanks again.

18. Angel Ramirez

Angel Ramirez Fapstronaut

Love is a paralyzing addiction to another person.

19. That is also true Angel Ramirez.