1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

When Disaster Strikes

For Fapstronauts of the Protestant Christian faith.

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Horatio Spafford wrote the famous hymn, “It is well with my soul,” after he heard the news that his four daughters had died in a transatlantic voyage.

I tell people incessantly to read the Bible, pray, run from sin, and study ways to quit. Why? Because I want you to know this huge powerful God that Horatio knew.

I am having a really bad day. Wouldn't it be nice if I had a huge powerful God like Horatio had? Oh wait... it is the same God. But, based on my reactions to disasters in the past, I just don't know Him the way Horatio did.

Because of Horatio's massive faith, hundreds of millions of people have been helped after hearing his words. Most of us would be shocked if we knew what God would do if we had faith like that.

Today, I am going to believe in that huge powerful God that Horatio believed in. I am going to go forward, trying to live in God's will.

I bet Horatio practiced the fundamentals of Christianity. Because of that, he was ready for disaster. And obviously, he continued to follow God's will in the disaster. Because of that, he will always be a hero, helping others for the remainder of history.

Today, read the Bible, pray, turn from sin, and study how to quit. Why? Because then you will know this huge, powerful God that Horatio knew.

maak to likes this.