1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

When is it the right time to date?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by miracles, Sep 6, 2015.

1. miracles

miracles Fapstronaut

Hello!

I'd like to invite folks to give me their perspectives/comments/advice.

I'm doing the 90 day PMO reboot, as well recovering from chronic fatigue (which I believe is partly due to the PMO habit).

I'd love to be back on the dating seen with a view to building a long-term relationship.

I've been off the scene for 18 months now. And it's been a while since the last LTR l was in.

In all honesty, I'm craving woman's touch and a sex life. I feel this craving is a detractor to finding the right type of woman her an LTR. I also feel that even if I do start dating a nice woman, my fear of my cravings might block my wholesome sexual energy. I believe that the lack of sexual tension turns women off.

Perhaps my fear also stems from a lack of experience in intimate relationships.

Your thoughts?

2. Limeaid

Limeaid Guest

I think you are thinking about this with a lot of fear. What if you looked at it from a place of love and happiness? What if you went out and met your perfect match or at least a girl to have a LTR with?

There is nothing wrong with craving touch as you are human and you might find someone who thinks similarly to share some time with. It may not end up in a LTR but it was a good experience nontheless. What do you think? Maybe put all forms of expectations aside and take it one day at a time with the other person.

3. Handzfree

Handzfree Distinguished Fapstronaut

I agree with Limeaid... You really can't worry about what ifs and maybes. Start dating and find a person that you are interested in and let things develop. One night stands? Mmmm, maybe if it feels ok. And I think it's fully understandable you miss intimacy... IMHO, it's part of a healthy life. So? As long as you feel secure in your 90 day and it makes sense.. Go for it.

4. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

Personally, I feel this craving as well, but for me it is something abstract which does not necessarily become manifest in reality. If it makes you feel bad, try to ignore it. I am even starting to view the prospect of no sex before marriage as an option, in case the woman wants it that way. Are you sure your craving is confusing you when deciding which woman is good for you? Or does it detract you in another way?

Nah, don't worry about that mate. I think most women will enjoy it more when you take things slowly instead of trying to rush into whatever kind of relationship just because you're horny. Sure, there has to be mutual attraction, but this doesn't mean that you have to feel the need to grab certain body parts of her on the first date.

What about your last LTR? Was there no intimacy, did you struggle with ED, or has it just been too long ago?

Anyway, in the end you never need to feel pressured. In a good relationship your partner will try to understand your worries, especially regarding your sexuality. Talk with her about your PMO past and you will find a way together.

5. miracles

miracles Fapstronaut

Thanks for your responses, people.

I think it's helped me to just voice some of my thoughts and feelings here and get your perspectives.

@Limeaid, yes I think expectations need to be put on one side - I think that will be very helpful in connecting with women.

Let's see where this goes!! Excited :)

Limeaid likes this.