1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

When shit hits the fan...

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by elevate, Oct 13, 2019.

1. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Life has been pretty challenging lately. Just one thing after another going wrong. I did my best to power through it all.

The cherry on top that left me devastated was a 2 year relationship breakup. She did the breaking up. Destroyed me. She started dating someone else soon after. I lost my shit at that point.

I didn't escape the problem. I didn't turn to alcohol / drugs / PMO / any other coping method I used in the past. It just wasn't me anymore. So I was left faced with my life that has turned upside down with nowhere to go other than through that pain.

What am I going to do? I can't escape it. More like I don't want to self sabotage and turn back to who I was in the past. Carry around resentment, hatred, or some sort of revenge tactic that makes her feel bad? No. I care about her. I want her to be happy. It's just frustrating that I'm not the reason for that happiness. Start fucking random girls as a desperate way to think I'm better than her / she doesn't deserve me / pump up my bruised ego and self esteem? No. It's not solely her loss. It's both of our loss. I know my worth. I just happen to be not what she wants anymore.

I ended up crying a few times. I don't remember the last time I cried before this. I was very resistant to it at first (maybe because of being raised in a society where men aren't supposed to cry), but ended up just letting it all out.

So I'm trying to pick up the pieces of my life.

A key lesson here is that you can do all the right things, but in the end we don't have control. We never had control. We never will.

Playing it safe and comfortable through life might lower the intensity of negative experiences / pain / problems, but it also lowers the intensity of positive experiences / pleasure / solutions. Problems don't stop at any point in life. No matter how much is achieved or figured out, there will always be problems that we can't control. So I might as well learn to handle problems better, face and acknowledge the problems, and be more bold / daring in life.

2. Sorry to hear that you've gone through this.

I'm seeing that these different challenges we face in life help us to grow. I think your response is certainly a mature one.

3. @elevate Im sorry for what happened. I think when you are in a situation like this, its very easy to get obsessed about what happened, and analyzing what did you do wrong, or get into that revenge mode, which honestly will destroy your own peace and stability. You have handled the situation very gracefully and I think this will just help you build and strengthen your own character. But I think another great way to view this, is that, yes you cannot control what others decide to do, but we always have control over our own actions and decisions. The fact that she decided to break up, tells you that she is not the right person for you. That there is someone else who is a better match and is waiting for you. Its easy in life to get caught up when your partner of many years leave/cheat on you, or your employer fires you, but we do not realize that there are millions of amazing women out there who just need and value what you have to offer. Everything in life has to come to an end, and you cannot hold on to anything/anyone forever, and if we look at things from that perspective, we can appreciate whatever happened so far, and be optimistic and excited about what is yet to come.

4. You cant control other people and alot of situations are beyond are control , people leave us and sometimes we leave them it happens it hurts . What you can do is pick yourself back up learn and grow from it don't let a bad relationship with someone cause you to label people in the future. There are women who well fit into the sterotypes a lot of people rant about that's LIFE . DONT LET THE PAST OWN YOUR FUTURE

5. Humans aren't meant for "dating". A woman who doesn't get knocked up in time is going to leave you.

The lesson you can take from it is: You either start a family within the hard limit of three years or you're going to endure breakup after breakup.

And don't make the mistake if you somehow made it past the three years to then start a family. That's a road to disaster.

6. I knew the feeling too well. i am a girl btw. i went through a very difficult breakup at the end of 2016. he left me and then i realized he was seeing another girl for i dunno how long for sure months before he left me (even though he was with other girls too and we weren't really bf and gf but i was in love with him and that broke me). thought for a year i would have never fall in love again, that i loved and lost and that was it and had to accept and give up on finding love forever. don't let this breakup make you relapse. make this a chance to make you stronger and happy

a personal advice, working out at my gym brought me back to life and i started my reboot (wasn't really about getting muscles or super fit, was more a form to love myself and get my self esteem back, doing it for me and me alone not to impress anyone). this breakup was what motivated me to start my reboot. also, it took me months to accept the reality but i then accepted his true colours. that he was evil to me, he wasn't good to me. try not to hate, let go but remember what they truly did to you. i know you are not ready yet to see it but your ex gf was not good to you either

she left you and then started seeing someone else. you think she started seeing him after you two broke up and then she quickly found someone else? she was seeing this guy probably when you were still together or even if she didn't know him before, she moved on quickly after 2 years with you. with time you will accept and see the truth. that it is much better this relationship is over. better ending it now then wasting other years with someone like that and regretting you didn't leave the relationship earlier. don't focus on the "good times", what is left at the end is how they behave with you at the end of the relationship and that expains what they truly felt for you. love yourself more (buy new clothes, a car, studies, work) work on you and your reboot

some videos that helped me

LEPAGE and Committed to One like this.