1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

When you goto the doctor to take a look at a mucocele cyst will you cut it out as the first option?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by zxcv, Dec 17, 2019.

1. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

When you goto the doctor to take a look at a mucocele cyst will you cut it out as the first option?
    I've gotten my first mucocele cyst on my lower lip. It's been there a month so far, and hasn't changed. Will doctor go straight for the surgery to get rid of it or will he go for the less extreme measures first since it's first time I've gotten on.

2. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

Went to the doctor. She didn't really seem to know what she's doing. Which is pretty bad if even I can tell that's she's not knowing what she's doing about. Told her about the cyst, that I had it for 4 weeks. It's very movable and no pain. Appeared suddenly, probably from lip bitting which I never really knew I did till I got this. The fact the lip cyst was shrinking a bit.

Anyway she took a quick look at that, and lymph nodes in the area, checked my mouth for anything else. Told me to put a warm compress on it and if it doesn't go away goto a plastic surgeon to take a look at it

3. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Were the lymph nodes swollen?
    What areas did she check?

How is it now?
    Is it slightly compressible or hard?

What colour is it?

4. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

nope
    mouth, neck, lips.
    It's gotten smaller, not as big but still there.
    It's soft right now, though it used to be hard.
    It's the normal color of my lips, with bit of blue in the middle. And takes on a whitish color when you press it in a little. It is very movable you touch it.

5. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Sounds good :)
    Nothing to worry about, imo.

Just don't touch it too much.

6. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

And it went back to being hard again... The cyst I mean.

7. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

Finally go some pics of it. The pics aren't the best, mostly since it's pretty much the normal color of my lips with a little bit of blue or purple in the middle. Also if you press up against to the cyst it's mostly white with some purple in the middle like on the 3rd pic.

Inkedthumbnail_20191231_2317141_LI.jpg Inkedthumbnail_20191231_2316321_LI.jpg Inked20191231_2317291_LI.jpg

Attached Files: