1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Where do I fit?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by CaptinCaveMan, Jun 3, 2018.

1. CaptinCaveMan

CaptinCaveMan Fapstronaut

I went to A.A. for about 8 years. I've seen a therapist since I was 26 and I am now 46. I have had a problem with pmo on/off but I don't think it has been my primary problem.

For some people they stop pmo and they aren't depressed any more and their life returns to normal. Things don't change so much for me. I'm still the same person.

I graduated with a Psychology Degree but am unable to find a job in that field. I have huge problems with driving or getting to places that I've never been. A directional anxiety. I've always had it ever since I can remember.

At any rate I went to an A.A. meeting a couple weeks ago. Not so much cause I was going drink but I don't have any friends or know anybody. Not sure where I belong in life anymore.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Maybe take time to break down the real issues that you face, maybe somethings such as alcoholism or PMO are not the real issues so if you identify the core or root problems and start solving them, for example loneliness and its cause, unemployment and its cause, etc, you can gradually address other issues such as directional anxiety, start with the small things maybe, change what you can and see what happens :)

CaptinCaveMan likes this.
  3. Maybe try changing your job? There is a meetup app where you can meet other people in your area at events. Maybe join an mma gym? Try challenging your directional anxiety by traveling or taking a long drive in your car with gps. Sometimes I would drive purposely to get myself lost, and then I would use gps to get home. Weird? Yes! Fun? Sometimes. ;)

I’m 34 yrs old and I’ve already made a pact with myself that if I’m to remain single then my goal is to travel until I die and to spend my life meeting people from all walks with of life.

4. Directional Anxiety. I'd never put a name to that before. I just thought I got anxiety from everything. But can feel your pain on that one. Getting in the car always makes me anxious, but having to go somewhere new I hate. I feel like such a fool. But Google maps really helps. My partner thinks I'm just rubbish at getting around with no sense of direction and finds it funny that I still don't know the way to places I've been to many times. It does sound like you need something more positive to give you a lift out of where you are now. I don't know what that is but change can be a big help, even if it seems very difficult. "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got." Heard that somewhere, makes sense to me, so I change, even little things can make a difference.

5. CaptinCaveMan

CaptinCaveMan Fapstronaut

I don't know what to call it either. I just labeled it directional anxiety. I get lost easy. I always followed my parents, older bother, friends, and became dependent on others to tell me where to go. Wasn't anything I planned. Just woke up one day and couldn't get from A to B and I didn't understand maps. I got lost walking around the University too. Driving is more difficult because you can go really fast 75 to 80mph. It just sucks. One has to have a really good friend or a lot money to get around.