1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to learn C programming language

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Lions, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Lions

Lions Fapstronaut

Hello colleges, programmers I was about to start learning programming language C. So for you experienced programmers were on the web could I find literature how to program and how to acquire knowledge and logic behind it so that I can successfully apply it to the tasks which I will be required to solve. Emphasize of the matter would be on loops, arrays, functions and pointers. Thank you in advance .

Cel mai drept ideal likes this.
  2. Personally, I don't like learning on the web. I prefer books. For C, there is nothing better than Dennis Ritchie and Brian Kernighan's book The C Programming Language (I'm unable to link to Amazon because of privileges). It is one of the greatest classics of computer science. Of course, I'd encourage people to buy the book but I'm quite certain a PDF copy can be easily on the web. Piracy is a gray issue for me; I support authors, but I'm often broke and need to know whether a book is worth it or not.

3. Protagonist

Protagonist Fapstronaut

4. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Programmer jobs no longer have the prestige or the big salaries that they used to. They're now derided as "code monkeys"
    out in the real world jobs.

5. witchhunt3r

witchhunt3r Fapstronaut

Doesn't mean it isn't worth learning. You can still do cool shit with it regardless of how it pays.

6. I would rec9mmend against C language.If you want to begin with programming try JavaScript first (help you in web dev also) Then do core language like Java.If you feel Java is stupid then go for python or any Functional Programming language.

BEFORE ALL THIS JUST DECIDE WHERE YOU WANT TO END UP IN Industry .then select appropriate language.

C is only good for embedded programming and those freaks who think writing the fastest running code is their life(Of course you can earn a lot if you are a master in C.You will be" God "programmer.But for begineer C is not good choice.

Lions likes this.