1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to learn yoga

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by ShadyPerson, Aug 1, 2020.

1. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

I'd like to find one source or as few as possible sources to learn yoga from as encompassingly as possible. That would include all eight limbs of yoga preferrably explained in such a way that a beginner can comprehend it.

I know this isn't propably a realistic request, so I'm open for recommendations that don't quite meet my standards but are something along those lines. Also recommending a couple of sources that work well together to meet my standards would be nice.

Oh, and to make it even more difficult, currently I really don't have time to go to yoga classes, since about 2/3 of my time is dedicated to the finnish military for the following year.

2. There is this guy Gabo Saturno who runs Saturno Movement over at YouTube. You can check him out if you want to master yoga and have a gymnastics body at the same time.

domasfernandez likes this.
  3. The White Fang

The White Fang Fapstronaut

HI,
    You can try out Youtube channels like YOGA WITH ADRIENE, or try out apps like DOWNDOG, DAILY YOGA etc...
    you can also gain information from books like LIGHT ON YOGA by BKS IYENGAR, EVERYBODY YOGA etc.
    BTW
    YOU CAN ALSO TRY SURYA NAMASKAR DONE IN THE EARLY MORNING AND ALSO SOMETIMES AT NIGHT, IT WILL IMPROVE YOUR FLEXIBILITY, PROVIDE YOU WITH GOOD SLEEP AND HAS A TON MORE BENEFITS..

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!!!!!!

domasfernandez likes this.
  4. Yes mate! I did Yoga with Adrienne's beginner flow and Yoga with Tim's foundation series.

I took what worked, disregarded what didn't, and developed my own sort of mindful flexibility/mobility routine.

5. MusicMakingMonk

MusicMakingMonk Fapstronaut

I've heard good things about the Inner Engineering program by Sadghuru. Sadghuru being an actual full fledged yogi who has a lineage and is learned in the tradition, and not just some hippie chick that took a 200 hour course, so I'd go there if you want authentic, credible yoga.
    Ignore that there's a bit of a cult around the Sadghuru figure, it happens very quickly with guru's and the like for some reason.

It's funny, because you specifically adress eight limbs of Yoga, and everyone here is talking solely about YouTube channels that teach Hatha yoga, or really just the stretching and the breathing fitness program it has become, showing the incredibly prevalent ignorance there is about the whole of yoga and the deep spiritual path it is.

Good luck on your path