1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Whitening My Teeth

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by BetterPerson, Jan 28, 2017.

1. BetterPerson

BetterPerson Fapstronaut

Hi there...
    I have yellowish teeth and I know I should accept what I have but I want to be more confident when I laugh and unfortunately my current teeth makes me feel embarrassed and I wish to do something about it.

I went to couple of dentists and they didn't seem much of an assistance, what do you think? is it possible to whiten my teeth?

I'm sorry if this post is irrelevant to this community but I thought i could use your help.

Thank :)

2. Noelle

Noelle Fapstronaut

Crest makes a bunch of whiteners. The key is to be consistent with them. The first week or so there's no change. But if you keep it up you'll notice a gradual lightening. Also, it's important to keep up your normal oral hygiene (i.e. brushing, floss, mouthwash)

Deadlihood likes this.
  3. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

4. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

My mother is a dentist and I joked some time ago that will have my teeth whitened and she told me she was not doing that procedure because each time you do it, the outer protective layer of teeth is removed, teeth might become more sensitive, and the white colour wont stay on teeth forever (depends on your life style) but after couple years your teeth will be yellow again and you will have to do it again and again and still weakening your teeth when you remove additional outer layer.
    Therefore lot of dentist is not doing that and discourage from whitening your teeth. But dentist who dont care about you and want only your money will gladly do that. So if you want it you still have options.
    Just stop smoking and drinking black tea -> those 2 things make your teeth yellow much faster.
    If you want buy some colgate whitening toothpaste - it helps a little bit.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  5. Dalbo

Dalbo New Fapstronaut

I tired the whitening strips- I had temporary pain shooting in my teeth to my jaw, it did go away but I found my teeth whitened unevenly and now the ones that were very yellow look much worse compared to the front 2 that's whitened very well. I was better off with an even teeth tbh

6. Pepper M.

Pepper M. Fapstronaut

I've used Crest white strips and had a great experience. I also tried a cheaper version of the Crest white strips afterwards, Rembrandt, and it was the worst. My teeth are now extremely sensitive and never recovered since the Rembrandt strips. My advice: don't go cheap on this. Get it done correctly and by a professional. Good luck!

7. Noelle

Noelle Fapstronaut

Yeah. I forgot to mention Crest strips START at, like, 30 dollars a pop. And I've seen Pharmacy stores sell ones for as much as 60 dollars! :eek:

So if you're serious about whitening you have to be committed to doing it all the way because it isn't cheap.

8. BetterPerson

BetterPerson Fapstronaut

Thanks for the info buddy ;)
    Yeah black coffee is my weak point :(

9. BetterPerson

BetterPerson Fapstronaut

Thank you so much for the help guys.
    I just checked about those Crest Strips at Amazon and them seem legit.