1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is it hurting?

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by never2old, Nov 12, 2017.

1. never2old

never2old Fapstronaut

Hi, new user to this site and all. I have seen a lot about NoFap lately, so thought I'd check it out.. and even try for myself.

In my life I have wasted way too much time to PMO, sometimes hours in the evenings to it. A part of me is just starting with the whole 'who is it hurting' argument in my mind. So already the enemy is whispering into my ear to undermine my efforts.

The answer to that question is that it is hurting me. I can start to count some of the ways that I am harming myself. Lost productive time, staying awake too late (and lack of sleep that is a part of that). Then of course there are the mental effects of too much PMO.. those are all things I am starting to find out about right now.

Only half a day in at this stage so it seems easy so far, but based on the experiences of others I have read here it seems that things will get more difficult from here on in.

MrSuccess17, Slade and ZenPhysics like this.
  2. black_coyote

black_coyote Fapstronaut

If you are struggling with PMO addiction, the struggle is worth it

Make your reboot happen.Good Luck!

never2old likes this.
  3. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

You are correct, it will become more difficult but now you have a band of brothers and sisters to lean on and encourage you.

The enemy is here to steal, kill and destroy. What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

never2old likes this.
  4. bike-wrench

bike-wrench Fapstronaut

As soon as I read the title of this thread, I was gonna respond, "It's hurting YOU, @$$hole"... but I see you've already come to that conclusion. So I withdraw the @$$hole part. You're right where you need to be.

As am I. Do what it takes. I'm having a tough time today; I expect I'll be checking in at the forum more than once today (HAH! I already have checked in more than once today!)

never2old and D . J . like this.
  5. never2old

never2old Fapstronaut

Thank you everyone for the welcome, I am glad to see that I have some good help available should I need advice.

At lot of my current strategy against PMO is going to be based on my (flawed I admit) willpower. Basically the only person in my life (other than those on this forum) who cares if I fail or succeed in this is me. I have seen and heard about the longer term benefits of NoFap, so that is my motivation moving forward.

I came up with the title while writing the post as I thought that this part of the post conveyed my current battle as it were.

6. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut