1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Who likes YouTube gaming?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by MrYall, Mar 25, 2017.

1. MrYall

MrYall Fapstronaut

I watch a few youtubers.. Jacksepticeye, Markiplier, Lordminion777, The Game theorists (and film theory), Muyskerm, The Game Grumps, and Jpw03. Does anyone else watch any of these guys or any other YouTuber like them? Reply and we can talk about it! Currently (Saturday March 25th 2017) Markiplier is doing a 12 hour charity live stream and it's having issues but I'm watching.. these guys are hilarious and I love watching their daily content. Chat with me! :)

2. Monster Carrot

Monster Carrot Fapstronaut

I actually want to take this perfect opportunity to ask: what is the big attraction to watching people play video games on youtube??

Maybe Im just an old-timer and I promise I mean no offense, just really fascinated by this fairly recent phenomenon.

3. MrYall

MrYall Fapstronaut

No offense taken! I'll gladly explain why I personally like it but I can't speak for everyone else that watches.
    Personally I like it for the conversations they have or what they say to/about the games.. I started watching it because I was bad at playing games and they made me rage WAY too much but I still wanted to get the stories of the game or see what the game has to offer past the part I'd get stuck at.. it's also used as a kind of walk through and if someone is stuck and just doesn't know what to do in a game then they go to YouTube to see how to do a certain thing like which door to go through or who to talk to if it's not obvious in the game. Personally I watch markiplier or jacksepticeye or most of the others for the game content but I watch the game grumps for the conversations they have.. those guys are absolutely hilarious. If you're generally interested in two guys talking about random stuff and going off on hilarious tangents then I suggest checking them out.. but if you just want to see how to do something in a game then check out mark or jack.. but keep in mind those guys do full play throughs so if you want to get the story yourself be careful as to which episode you watch to get the info you need

Monster Carrot likes this.
  4. MrYall

MrYall Fapstronaut

Also I failed to mention that the film/game theorists use science to explain game logic or how something would work in a real life thing.. very interesting and I suggest you check them out anyway as the main person in charge of that page (Matthew Patrick) doesn't play the game on that channel.. he has another channel called GTLive where him and his wife play the games but on his theorists channels he breaks them down.. also his film theory channel isn't video games it's movies and TV shows.. mostly movies.. but either way you should check out those two channels because it's all very interesting stuff.. just a teaser: he's come up with a theory (going through years of cannon information mind you) to support the claim that Mario is a sociopath or some form of it and also abuses women and animals.. over on his film theory channel he's come up with the theory that dory (from finding nemo) doesn't actually have short term memory loss but she's faking it.

Monster Carrot likes this.
  5. Monster Carrot

Monster Carrot Fapstronaut

Ah so it's actually more than just watching the game being played it's about the entertaining comments/conversations of the players. Makes sense :p thanks

Grow_out_of_it and MrYall like this.
  6. Grow_out_of_it

Grow_out_of_it Fapstronaut

I watch Funhaus. They are funny and amazing people. It can be triggering to some but I am okay with it.