1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Who says loneliness is bad?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Drashish, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Drashish

Drashish Fapstronaut

okay this is my first thread on this topic here and i have seen that almost every one here is portraying loneliness as something very bad. It is the most crystal clear way of looking at things. Loneliness is just a feeling. I have seem many people feel lonely just because they don’t have girlfriends wife or husbands while many others feel lonely for not having mother, father or significant other in family. We all are alone here in this world. Even if we have partners we do things just for ourselves. We are all on our own. And loneliness is a strong reminder of that. So all i want to say is do u want to have disillusioned way of looking at life or clear way of looking at it. I know it takes courage to admit reality. You may not want to accept it because u r on your comfort zone with sweet fantasy that someone will make u not alone. But believe me even if u find someone you are all alone. You are complete. Enjoy other complete individual as partner but don’t think that some incomplete one will fill your inner incompleteness. And don’t try to change that lonely feeling of yours. Just with that energy, do things for your well-being. Can’t that feel make you do things that values only for you?
    Just like” today i feel alone and so i want to do things for me that matters to me” . its prevelage man..let the heart direct your mind to do things for you..so again is loneliness bad????

2. Loneliness is entirely up the person, if you don't feel lonely or bad when you're by yourself that's completely fine. I'm never alone as me and my bf do everything together, but if I didn't have him in my life I'd prefer to be alone.

If it's not harming or hurting you in any way I see no problem, usually I noticed people consider loners "weird" or "untrustworthy" for some reason. There are tons of people who prefer to be alone and I don't see why there should be any problem with it.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

Loneliness is, by definition, a negative feeling. But there is a positive to it also, that of solitude. Addictions are in large part due to the inability to be solitary - which makes us ask, why is it that we can hardly cope with being alone? Take the Facebook phenomenon - it is so addictive to the mass of people because of this inability. They want to be part of the cloud in order to crowd out the instinct to be themselves. This 'inauthenticity' creates anxiety, and so the need to escape, and so forth and so on, in a relentless vicious circle.

There are the addictions of 'solitude', where the person is alone but can not be alone with themselves.

Then there are the addictions of 'solidarity'. Where the person can not be alone at all.

In overcoming addiction, I think a person finds a balance between solitude and solidarity.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  4. Sigma Alpha male

Sigma Alpha male Fapstronaut

I don't think lonliness is bad but anything in extreme is not good...

5. Slothman

Slothman Fapstronaut

I'm alone yet i don't feel lonely.
    Feelings are entirely made up by ourselves, by our mind and the way we see life itself.

Someone negative normally will feel unlucky because they tend to focus on the negatives. Well it happens equally with loneliness, Someone who spends a lot of time alone and it's not positive/happy will feel lonely. Sometimes it also comes to what the person feels like normal in the community, --having a gf is normal yet i don't have one that's why i feel lonely--

The feeling itself is not a bad thing, we never truly understand and appreciate company until we've been genuinely lonely as we wouldn't know what's light if it weren't for dark.

Sigma Alpha male likes this.
  6. I’m lonely but I don’t feel I want to have a gf because I am appreciative what I have than what I don’t have.