1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Who was Jesus?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 18, 2017.

Tags:

Who was Jesus of Nazareth?

1. The son of God who rose from the dead

17 vote(s)
    51.5%
  2. A prophet

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  3. An alien

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. A historical figure but not divine

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  5. Was made up by Christians

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I have no idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Who do you think Jesus of Nazareth was?And why do you think that?

2. Masoη

Masoη Guest

Son of God

Reasons:
    • Only religious figure to be preannouced and not just in the Bible.
    • Destruction of the a Jewish Temple and all animal sacrifice after His death. The Judaism of present is not like the Judaism of old.
    • He struck time in two (BC/AD). Every human being, believer and non-believer, dates their life in relation to His.
    • He's the only religious figure who came to die instead of live.
    • Hands down the best furniture maker, ever!

3. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

The real killer of Nicole Brown.

4. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

The handsome white man that's in the paintings

5. Well dude I am not christian. So for me he is prophet.

SMK likes this.
  6. Jesus was either a Buddhist monk or a Hinduist Yogi. He was very wise and enlightened man. But his message was at first misunderstood and later intentionally twisted. What is now left is barely anything of what he was originally about. He spoke in riddles. He might have thought that it made sense back then and at at place and time he lived it probably did. It kept him safe and people interested. But it was also his greatest mistake.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2017
  7. Masoη

Masoη Guest

Parables, not riddles. Parables are simple stories used to convey lessons and teachings. They're not meant to be brain teasers, so your assumption that they were imployed in order to keep Him safe would be incorrect. If anything the use of parables would show His intention was to be completely transparent with His audience and was therefore making the knowledge accessible to all who would listen. A decision which would open Himself up to danger, persecution, and death. Which, lo and behold, is exactly what happened to Him.

Also Christ was Jewish so I have no clue where you get the idea of him being a Buddhist Monk or Hinduist Yogi.
    Do you have access to His original message? If you don't then I don't see how you could make the above claim. You would need the original to compare with what we have now in order to determine if the oringial message has survived or been twisted. If you don't have His original message then you're just making wild accusations.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2017
    Deleted Account likes this.
  8. IGY

IGY Guest

You make me sick! :mad:

9. He could have spoken more clearly, which would probably would have gotten him killed faster. So it did keep him somewhat safe for a while. I call his way of speaking riddles because they were of such nature that was easily misunderstood and confusing. Compare his way of teaching to the Buddha for example, you can clearly see which method is more blunt and clear. Lot's of things that Jesus said was not even meant to be taken literary, yet look at Christianity today...
    Yea, that's what they say, don't they? Well, if it's written in a book then it must be true, right?

Or maybe he indeed was not a Buddhist or a Hinduist, maybe he was just greatly influenced by those religions. Or maybe he had not even heard of them and come to the same truth by other means. Sure, that's possible.
    Well, everybody does in a way, if they can menage to read between the lines of the Bible and filter out the bullshit that was included in there by servants of the "Devil" masquerading as holy men to manipulate people, to gain wealth and power.

10. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

I read the whole bible, but I have kind of my own interpretation of it. Of the answers above I selected "a prophet", although I'm not sure how to define what a prophet is with my mind which was shaped by the rationalist and atheist environment I grew up in and can be understood within the Christian faith at the same time. (I'm not atheist btw.) Anyway, "a historical figure but not divine" doesn't seem to do him justice.

11. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Sorry. Retracted!

12. Well done.

13. Yeah me too. Something's seriously wrong with him.

14. You've got it all wrong. I don't know where you got your info from but all of it's untrue.

15. That's because he's the Son of God.

16. So what are you?

17. Some interesting responses.

Personally while I think there's evidence that indicates everything in the gospels didn't actually happened, I don't think there's anything that disproves the resurrection, so I think currently I think of Jesus as being the son of God who rose from the dead.

18. Interesting I've never thought of Jesus speaking in such vague terms in order to stay alive longer. But at times he seems to be speaking in riddles even when there was no threat. I mean at times Jesus seemed to confuse the heck out of his disciples.

19. Don't be so sure. Rulers had ears, their ears had ears, the ears of their ears had ears. As his popularity rose I would not be surprised if there was a spy in his close proximity that would keep an eye on him. And even if not still, word of mouth spreads.

20. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

I don't really know yet. You know, as a teenager I was drawn to eastern philosophy and spirituality and I spent some time acquiring that way of thinking. Later I recognized it was kind of a trend, and I started questioning it and started becoming interested in my own cultural roots. Let's say for now that I believe in god, or I found god, but I still need a while to digest it all :)