1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why can't I get a GF? Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Namekian23, Nov 8, 2014.

1. primaljade

primaljade Fapstronaut

And make sure they didn't fat finger the number in your phone :emoji_sweat_smile:

2. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Wow this post was wayyyy back. If you read my recent post on the loneliness forum, you'd be surprised at how far I've come. Even though I could do better, I'm happy that I'm not where I was 4 years ago. Other than that, I feel you man. Out of all the women who I've had interest in, I was never able to connect with them even though I desperately wanted them from afar. In reverse, the women who had great interest in me never turned me on as well. It's weird, but I understand what you're saying. Other than that, read my recent post. Hope you find some inspiration.

3. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Read my recent post on the loneliness forum. You'll have to search from last month, but you'll know all about it!

4. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Oh my gosh, I can't believe that we're continuing a post from 4 years ago. Wow. I'm very surprised you asked me that, and to be honest, parental expectations has played a HUGE role in my dating perspective. To start off, I'm the oldest son in an Asian family. My parents are highly religious and strict on the cultural and traditional ways of the Eastern society. Not to mention, they prefer me to marry an Asian women where there's clearly none around. So yes, and among other annoying things, this is one of the main reasons why I've had such a hard time finding a girlfriend at the time.

5. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Yeah that's very true. And that's why I'm so determined to change my ways and to become a better person. If you've noticed, I've been telling everyone to read my recent post. I've come a long way from what I was 4 years ago. Even though I have much more to experience, I'm finally ready to make some changes. I've suffered at the hands of bad relationships with women long enough, so now it's time to make a change once and for all. On the other hand, I'm scared of what's about to come, but I've been wanting this for a long time. What I'm talking about gets deeper than that, but if you read my other post, you'll understand. Also, good luck to you as well, and I hope you'll eventually find/or have found a nice girlfriend of your own.

6. primaljade

primaljade Fapstronaut

Heh, sorry to perpetuate the stereotype, I frequently do business in the far east, so it's the first thing I thought of. You will have to unplug yourself from the outdated social programming if you want to progress. You're not living in Asia, IMO it's unreasonable for them to expect you to find an Asian woman so easily.

You'll be doing yourself a disservice if you extend the racism by limiting yourself. Also, how are they going to expect grandkids if you can't seduce women easily (regardless of race)? Your dating, or "dating", experiences are none of their business anyway until you've found someone you want to have kids with.

Hitto and Namekian23 like this.
  7. dawghoused

dawghoused Fapstronaut

Keep Patient, you will get a girlfriend very soon.

Namekian23 likes this.
  8. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

You answered your own question in your very first post. You're not getting a girlfriend because you don't believe you can get one. Simple as that. The end. Start working on your self worth and confidence and watch the magic happen, and know that of course you can get a girlfriend!

9. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Not to worry. I wasn't really offended or anything. I was just surprised that you asked me that question, but in a good way though. You see, I didn't want everyone to think that the only reason why I couldn't get a girlfriend was because I didn't believe in myself or some sort. There's a lot my to story, and that includes parental expectations. And as annoying as it is, my parents are still amazing people and I love them dearly.

But like you said, I want my own life, and I even told them that. They're starting to understand me now, but the guilt still lingers upon me no matter where I go. Sometimes, I can't make up my mind on who I want to be with. It's getting to the point where I'm deciding to move far away and be completely on my own for a while. I'm starting to realize that a relationship is clearly not the best thing for me right now.

10. Hey, Man. Good stuff that you've shared. I have a similar mindset to yours.

11. Regent

Regent Fapstronaut

Curious question, which Asian ethnicity are you? Asking because I'm Filipino and I have 2 cousins who married white women and another who married a Mexican and it doesn't seem like their parents had a problem with it. So it is weird to me how your parents would care.

Namekian23 likes this.
  12. Recovering PA

Recovering PA Fapstronaut

Great post

Self confidence and a sense of who you are is a big thing. I swim a lot, not because I want to impress anyone, I enjoy it and as an indirect result have muscles and get more attention. I am not a confident person and have a physical disability but I display confidence as I am happy with who I am and mostly how i look. This took a long time to achieve.

My overall message is to work on yourself to build your perception of yourself and this will shine through, women will see this and will approach you. It is true that when your not looking for love you find it, I'm proof I met my SO in the steam room at my local gym.

Take care and good luck on your journey

Namekian23 likes this.
  13. whatishappening???

whatishappening??? Fapstronaut

Never think of romance in terms of race. That's just a self-limiting belief. There are always girls of a different race than you that like your specific race and are just wishing for a guy like you to ask them out. But, more importantly, don't think about relationships the way you are right now. Relationships, like many things in life, are like this: the more you want it and are looking for it, the less likely you are to find it. The moment you stop wanting it so bad and start being ok with just you, it's gonna fall in your lap. Trust me, I've seen it happen over and over. It's gonna be ok!

Hitto, kingpietro and Namekian23 like this.
  14. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

I'm Vietnamese by the way. As for the situation between my parents and I, it's a long and complicated story. I think most of the stuff I'm talking about is probably in my head. And maybe I'm just putting all this guilt and frustration upon myself when there's no need to. My dad used to be a Buddhist monk and a highly religious man, as my mom. All of the children of my parents' friends and even the Vietnamese community all have Vietnamese wives and husbands. Very few are of a different race. In all honesty, I don't think my parents are forcing me to marry another Vietnamese women. They only prefer me to. In the end, I'm sure all they want for me is to be happy, but for some reason, I just have a hard time dealing with the guilt if I don't meet their expectations.

15. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Thanks for your support man. It's funny how I wrote this post 4 years ago, and somehow it's starting up again. Now that nearly half a decade has passed, I would say that I'm in a much better position than I was 4 years ago. Some of the things essential for finding a girlfriend such as a full time job, a car, a college degree, better confidence, and so on were things that I didn't had back then. However, during the last year, a lot of good things have happened to help me improve. For one, I got promoted at work and I've been talking to female coworkers more just to name a few. In a way, I'm starting to slowly accept myself for who I am, and I feel like I'm only going to grow from there. Other than that, I appreciate your support and thanks again for your help.

16. whatishappening???

whatishappening??? Fapstronaut

Good to hear that! Yeah I really didn't realize this post was four years old until after I posted lol. I'm glad you still appreciated it and found it applicable now. Keep going on your path of improvement! My sister-in-law said a good thing once: "a relationship is like the cherry on top of an ice cream sundae. You have to make your own sundae before you have a place for the cherry."

Namekian23 likes this.
  17. Harricane

Harricane Fapstronaut

Is this really that you don't have a girl friend yet?

18. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

the answer to your question is in your question.

If you can't figure out the riddle click on the spoiler tab.

Because you need a girfriend to become happy. Because you are asking us the question please help me on this huge problem? not having a girfriend even though it isn't a problem at all in you're happiness. You can be happy without one If you become less needy for a girlfriend it will become easier.

19. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

There is many reasons

20. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the quote. I'll keep that in mind so I can tell others someday.