1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do I want to watch videos, that irritate me?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by NotAfraid, May 12, 2014.

1. NotAfraid

NotAfraid Fapstronaut

Hello.

I was thinking...

This has been the case for as long as I can remember. When I watch a video, that really irritates me and makes me feel will shame. Usually they are so phony and dumb, that they give me unpleasant chills down my spine, not the ones that comes when you're enjoying something. I really can't stand watching such a video. Then after a while I feel like I want to watch it again just to tease myself.

Also, when I hear a song that I REALLY hate, I just want to shut it down. But soon I want to hear that song again and see how much I hate it again. Everytime this happens, I can't stand it, but I still want to put myself in that position for some weird reason.

Can anybody relate? Are these feelings linked to dopamine or something?

Just a little something, that I've been thinking for a long time and decided to give it to the off-topic discussion for you to think about.

2. Finalfight123

Finalfight123 Fapstronaut

I feel I do the same thing because its strange or because it elicits an emotion of shame or excitement. Don't worry its normal for it to happen. I think you want to go into the situation because of the emotions when you were in it last. But be wary when you let yourself go into autopilot mode and don't try to stop it stuff happens so be careful dude.

But it does happen to me.

3. TeaLeaper

TeaLeaper Fapstronaut

yeah, the chemicals released in our brains when we are repulsed by something are different that when we want to grasp something. But you've learned to enjoy the repulsion -- which is just as dangerous to peace of mind as becoming addicted to grasping (wanting) what you see.