1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do we fail... and what makes us finally succeed?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Hope84, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Hope84

Hope84 Fapstronaut

I keep thinking about those who struggle. Its getting hard for me to read the addiction and rebooting forum. I've been there, I know how it feels to constantly pick myself up again and again. It took me so long to get to the point I'm at now. It took me to the point of loosing everything and having my world turned upside down to finally have a true change of heart. So my success is based on complete failure, giving in and letting go, knowing i have no control, in a way surrendering.

So why does it take such an event to change? Is this the same for those who have succeeded?

Why do we fail, what else do we or I have to learn from this disease? I know I'm tired of it, I'm sick of having this disease, and its something that I've struggled coming to terms with. knowing that this will always be apart of my life. Something that I will constantly need to be ever vigilant about. Something I will always need to have my guard up.

Just venting...

2. Rectify

Rectify Fapstronaut

[video=youtube;We8Ee63LIvg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We8Ee63LIvg[/video]

Been posting WCAR videos around lol. The messages of their songs contain so much wisdom.

3. PrevCDM

PrevCDM Guest

I don't know if it's a life long sickness. I think it's good to see it as an addiction when it impacts your day-to-day life, it's a problem when it causes an issue directly (like ED / DE), it's a habit when you have just incorporated into your life but otherwise function normally.

At first, I was all about calling it an addiction, because we say we'll stop, and then we don't stop. But I think that might be giving it too much power. There are times in the future, that you will feel like it was just a distraction and a waste a time. You may be able to see it and it'll have little to no power or reaction to you. I know the first way of thinking is best to prevent a relapse, but I think it's important not to be too hard on yourself (or any of ourselves).

At the end of the day, we seek what makes us feel good. The true challenge is knowing what makes us feel good for just a second at the cost of feeling awful for many, versus knowing what will make us feel good in the long run, at the cost of making us feel uncomfortable for stretches of time.

I like how you proposed that question by the way. And congratulations on your streak of success in the challenge. May it bring you to Light, Truth, and Peace.