1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why does God allow suffering? Red pill part 1

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by embodiment of luck, Feb 28, 2021.

1. embodiment of luck

embodiment of luck Fapstronaut

right from the start wrong, I said this wasn't forum about theology and proving God. This lack of understanding continues pretty much through the whole answer.
    I don't see why would we be dismissive towards social science, it is respectful discipline which does have speculation like any other scientific discipline, by that logic even quantum physics could hardly be called science. This is not a new thing to compare animals with humans
    scientists have been doing this for decades and sometimes it helped sometimes it didn't, what is the big deal.
    Do you really think that prisons and asylums don't have dangerous human predators and can be considered almost like utopia?
    This reveals our limitations, not limitation of God. But again this is not topic about God.
    If you follow an upgrade in this experiment later they succeeded in avoiding neurotic behavior by giving rats purpose and things to do.
    this is called splitting hair, we can spend the whole day arguing about definition of utopia, but for the purpose of this forum I define utopia as a civilization that is above other civilizations in the terms of poverty, technologies, life quality of the citizens and other factors.
    This is straw man fallacy, I have never said that any civilization have reached 100% of perfection, but logical thinking was the better are circumstances in society are the better lives of individuals will be, which is incorrect way to thinking. We don't have to reach 100% of perfection to know that humanity would failed anyway.
    We can't see the world without diseases, but we can still logically guess what this world would look like. In other words just because I have to guess doesn't mean I can't guess logically. Based on social science that you have big problem for some reason we would still have other problems even without diseases.
    How do I know? Lack of empathy and sympathy are characteristics of sociopaths and psychopaths. If children don't practice this kind of emotions it could determine their character in the bad way. I don't value suffering I just think that it exists with purpose.
    It is possible to objectively assess what good and bad circumstances look like, if you can't tale what are the good or bad circumstances are, than why don't you move to Afghanistan.
    This is not forum for proving God, but to explain the suffering. In my opinion God allows evil just so we can see what is our true nature, and people who chose to act against evil will be more valuable as the individuals than a group of people who were force to do right things no matter what.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  2. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

tumblr_n6enlgTEoD1smcbm7o1_500.gif

Are you Agent Smith ?

Agent Smith: Have you ever stood and stared at it, marveled at it's beauty, it's genius? Billions of people just living out their lives, oblivious. Did you know that the first Matrix was designed to be a perfect human world. Where none suffered. Where everyone would be happy. It was a disaster. No one would accept the program. Entire crops were lost. Some believed that we lacked the programming language to describe your perfect world. But I believe that as a species, human beings define their reality through misery and suffering. The perfect world would dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from. Which is why the Matrix was redesigned to this, the peak of your civilization. I say your civilization because as soon as we started thinking for you it really became our civilization which is of course what this is all about. Evolution, Morpheus, evolution, like the dinosaur. Look out that window. You had your time. The future is our world, Morpheus. The future is our time.

embodiment of luck likes this.
  3. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Careful, you may have just sealed your destiny. You may be required to repeat such a statement before God's own incarnate face one day.

4. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I'll take my chances thank you.
    God has no concept of suffering, that's a human thing.

5. Screw pills.
    Pills are fake, they are made out of stuff, they are not natural.
    I trust nature. Trees, water, clouds, but not pills. Trees don't lie. They grow towards the sun, not towards any gods or beliefs.

Also wanted to add: It's funny. It's really funny how slaves that we are are just arguing about stuff on internet. Wasting our precious time just trying to prove each other the truth. Guess what? Our sons might as well do the same and chances are our fathers used to argue about the same. But where did it lead? Nowhere.
    We are all slaves to this so called "system" yet... We can become gods of our own by just not caring and living on our own, working on our mentality, meditating, doing good for others instead of spending time on made-up gods or just arguing about pills. Dumb stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2021
    V∧DΞR, SickSicko and Flame Monster like this.
  6. Flame Monster

Flame Monster New Fapstronaut

I wish god existed To reward you

V∧DΞR and Learn to fly again like this.
  7. You might have sealed yours by acting against Anti-God. (Anti-God sends people to hell for believing in the Christian god)

8. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

I never did mention a consequence as you do - just embarrassment, perhaps. But, as far as your comment goes - we'll see. Ha! And you might just need to repeat that, too. I'm most willing to repeat mine.

9. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Does this Anti-God have some sort Anti-Bible I can read please?

10. You don't need an anti-bible because the bible is already self-defeating

Learn to fly again likes this.
  11. This actually made me laugh. Thanks xD

FellatiousD likes this.
  12. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

[​IMG]
    Thank you, that was hilarious, but I was hopeful to get a nice reading recommendation hahahaha

FellatiousD likes this.
  13. I've honestly been putting off reading the bible for so long - it's definitely worth looking into, Christian or not.

14. If this were true then there is no free will in Heaven. It would also negate the blame of Adam for the fall of mankind since he wouldn't have had free will to disobey since he was not experiencing suffering. So either free well exists even in the absence of suffering or God punished a creature that had no actual choice.

FellatiousD likes this.
  15. According to Christian theology, Lucifer was never said to be in Heaven as in posessing the beatific vision of God. Heaven is for those who chose to unite their will to God. If Lucifer was in Heaven he wouldn't have sinned since the decision of an angel is final and irreversible once it's made. This is why Lucifer went straight to hell after his choice and why angels are not offered redemption. Humans are offered redemption because of our nature since we are both corporal and spiritual (body and soul). Our choices go from A to B, to C, etc until we get to Z, while an angel goes from A to Z instantly due to them being completely spiritual beings.

I know it wouldn't make any sense, which is why I asked it when you said free will is removed if suffering is removed.

Agreed. This is the clarification I was looking for regarding your statement.

FellatiousD likes this.
  16. Isn't it pretty much impossible to prove that free will does/doesn't exist? Kind of absurd to act like we are even capable of knowing these things.

smh_fam and H D M O F like this.
  17. Yup. This is why it's called faith.

FellatiousD and smh_fam like this.
  18. SpaceUnicorn

SpaceUnicorn Fapstronaut

Hello everyone!

I heard y'all wanted an unsolicited opinion from an anonymous stranger on the internet who has drank far to much coffee and is a bit bitter with life.

In my opinion y'all can believe whatever you want as long as your not hurting yourself or others. Its even better if your belief brings you peace of mind and even better if your belief provides you with a code of ethics to live this life in a good way.

Anyways I have two thoughts on suffering I think there is small scale suffering and large scale suffering.

1) Small scale suffering: that isn't really suffering its just a challenge. So me being mad at a person and not knowing what to do is suffering and a challenge. Maybe it could also be that my car is busted on the side of the road and I need to fix it. These are the life tests that if we arise to the challenge bring us a little bit more strength. I feel this suffering is acceptable and a part of life. This is the kinda suffering that tests all the time. Daily in my case.

2) Larger systematic suffering: this is the suffering from genocide, war or systematic oppression. In my opinion, this stuff doesn't really prove or disprove divinity of any kind but rather a sense of justice in the universe. Lets be real, its brutal to confront the barriers of sexism, racism or classism on a regular basis. If your working your ass off and you aren't getting anywhere because some dude with a lot of power says that for some superficial reason (e.g skin tone) you aren't gonna make it... Like what the hell?

Thinking of more horrific stuff (although there is nothing pretty about unarmed African-American men or women being shot in the United States), I wonder if seven million individuals of Jewish fate wondered if the divinity they prayed to on a regular basis had there back. If you ask me this is the kinda stuff that would make you want the supernatural powers to provide you with an explanation or at least allow you to punch them in the face (if they had a face?) at the end of this little mortal life of ours. I mean really, the Catholic church brushed off the Spanish Inquisition, the Crusades, and cases of pedophilia like it was nothing. Truthfully, if I got to meet a divine being I would be very angry at them for things like everything I described.

I am clearly agnostic about the whole thing and if there is something out there I hope there is a good explanation for the injustices in our world or maybe there isn't. Maybe this is all humanities fault and that supernatural thing will try to pin it on us. However, that thing (if it exists - and again if it exists for you I am happy for you) made us and then it didn't intervene. I don't know I'm going in circles here but I think y'all get the point.

There is a very good chance I'm wrong about all of this. I have no idea what I'm talking about. I am just a dude with an opinion. Please do not follow my words or start some kinda war because of the things I have said on the internet its not worth it man.

Cheers.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    FellatiousD likes this.
  19. I feel like the barrier in most of these kind of debates is that one side is okay with being ignorant or not having definitive answers, while the other treats the phrase "I don't know" as an admission of defeat.

20. smh_fam

smh_fam Fapstronaut

It's completely impossible, we don't know enough about ourselves and our reality to draw anything resembling a scientific conclusion. As far as science is concerned, we can never leave the "hypothesis" stage in this area.

We are pretty much required to pretend that certain things are known in order to function. Every religion, philosophy and ideology makes some sort of assumption about human nature and the system in which the universe seems to govern itself. All of these premises are ultimately based on nothing, though we feel confident enough in them to build very complex superstructures of logic and dogma off of these foundations. Oddly enough some of them seem to work.

FellatiousD likes this.