1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is it so hard to stop gaming?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Mar 19, 2021.

1. People are not rational consumers who behave like robots and only make the most efficient and cost-minimizing choices at all times.

2. playing for free? u got to be kidding right? Yuo will get mental issues if u do play for free, anything in the game is made to spend money

3. yeah the games is really bad, the company is destroying it. When it was released it was a lot better, each update it gets more pay to win and pay to progress. Ill check that site out.

btw, i cant delete my aacounts since i deleted the email with it, i reactivated the accounts. now i can stop consuming wargamings his drug...

4. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

@FellatiousD Well playing for free you progress more slowly but its perfectly possible to play for free , if your relax and dont take the game much serious, i have a friend who plays WoT for 5 years and he also plays for free.......

5. Wel l
    Well lol u still get shit mm making terrible stock grinds ary bad maps gold shells and so forth not worth it

6. this is excellent advice. Thank you for sharing. What do you think about chess?

AtomicTango likes this.
  7. PanteriMauzer

Ahhhh and horrible teams also? Thats why i ear alot of time my dad complaining about the teams and the maps ahahah now it makes sense
    But my dad is a very bad player, even if he played premium he would still be shit so im glad he doesnt spend money on that

8. I ha
    I have average 2600 win 8. Match maker sucks you will see two tiers higher all the times and the maps are unbalanced and. Not well designed

9. PanteriMauzer

Okok i Really didnt had a clue about that, now it makes sense , my dad is always complaining about that, but he likes the designs of the tanks and the scenarios and also he says it helps him being focused and mantain his reflexes because he is almost 60

So why dont you play another game? Like ......Football manager? Or....... Total War Attila?

10. Wot has fucked up my mind can't ay without feeling mentally unstable tryed warframe csgo and some others but I don't feel like it I just cN e joy it anymore. The only reason I game is. It because I like it but becuae I'm bored

11. PanteriMauzer

Well i mostly play single player games the only exception is Fifa and for what i think , multiplayer games are more addictive than single player so, idk try some single player game you like , for example Uncharted you like? Assassins creed , playing only the story mode . Maybe with that your gaming addiction will decrease

12. Yes
    But than I have to pay money that I do not have and I just cant e joy it even single player getting irritated

13. PanteriMauzer

So do another thing like.... gym , if gyms are closed, try some home workouts there are plenty youtube videos about that ...

When i was a kid i was also addicted to videogames , eventually as i grew older my interests swifted to phisical exercise and sports, try some sport you like, some fighting sport , it helped me alot

14. I use workouts from the site darabee I do them a few times a week and I want to make walking a habit by quiting games and movies

15. PanteriMauzer

Thats the way, do it

16. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Well honestly I dont have much of an opinion on it. I suppose its a much better way of taxing your mind than most videogames are (I hate that excuse for games while I'm at it, most games are the opposite of taxing, they are totally brainless)

17. Holy shit this is such a pointless conversation. Did I ever say it wasn't possible to play for free? All I said was that I spent a lot of money on the game. Other people don't have to - that's up to them.

2Rewire4Life likes this.
  18. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

One of the reasons I have started to turn away from caring about games in most cases is how so many gamers are literal marks, who will do a companies marketing for them and dont even understand they are being had.

14 years ago Bethesda released 3 dollar horse armour in Oblivion and people threw a shitfit. Nowadays you can pay to completely demolish a games balance and barely anybody gives a shit. But if you say gaming has gotten worse you are just an "edgy contrarian."

19. Yeah I guess. I just use games obsessively to cope with my emotional difficulties. I know a lot of the games I play aren't worthwhile but it's very hard to stop.

AtomicTango likes this.