1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why live if God doesn't exist?

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. HelperX

HelperX Fapstronaut

Rational is using your mind and doing the right thing in various situations.

If a crippled person wants to live and you euthanize him against his will, that is not rational, because you are completely ignoring his will and because you are treating people like objects.

Evolution as I said isn't entirely rational, because evolution is basically survival of the fittest. Evolution doesn't mainly listen to rationality, it firstly listens to the instict of surviving to make your generation go on as long as possible while the environment becomes tougher.

Aa I said Hitler did not listen to anything other than his evil ways. No rationality in there.

2. Again I think you're confusing the word "rational" with other concepts. You're assigning individual liberties and worth onto people regardless of their status. This is something that Jesus preached time and again.

So once again you are siding with Christians but you refuse to acknowledge it. You instead choose the word "rational" when it has nothing to do with rationality....perhaps because that's the fashionable thing to do?

3. HelperX

HelperX Fapstronaut

Lol, I'm just being a human with values, morals and intelligence, hence I'm rational and not a christian. You don't have to be christian to have good morals.

4. I do not try to rationalize evil, I simply believe that immorality and rationality are two different things.

As far as I'm concerned what you are talking about is the definition of evil. Some people *do* know the things they are doing are wrong and yet they choose to do them anyway. That is why I believe that someone can be rational and immoral at the same time.

88991s likes this.
  5. That's a non squitur. You might as well be saying "I am a giant squid, hence I'm rational".
    Values and morals have nothing to do with rationality. Intelligence, maybe, but there's nothing intelligent about letting crippled people survive when they are dragging the species down. You might think that sounds mean (and I wouldn't disagree) but it's got nothing to do with being rational.

Anyways, it's clear you need to work on your definitions.

6. HelperX

HelperX Fapstronaut

I don't need to work on no definition.

I simply think rationality comes with empathy and compassion, you purely think it's objective and nothing else.

It's intelligent to let crippled people survive because firstly, they are humans and secondly, they are not dragging anyone down. The species can go on, crippled people are not dragging it. If you euthanize them, you are killing them for no reason.

88991s likes this.
  7. HelperX

HelperX Fapstronaut

I believe one can not be fully rational while being immoral.
    If they do know what they are doing is wrong, why are they doing it in the first place? Evil is insanity and can never be rational, that's why immoral people to me can never be rational.

88991s likes this.
  8. We're both atheists but this is where the two of us disagree.

Why? Because people tend to be selfish. And if they are selfish enough, they will certainly harm others if it means they get what they want. How do I know this? Because I myself have selfish tendencies that I have to deal with and I have caused others pain during my own narcissistic pursuits. It's one of my greatest flaws, I am able to admit that. If a person is selfish/narcissistic enough, they are more than capable of doing terrible things, even if they know what they are doing is wrong.

9. HelperX

HelperX Fapstronaut

I guess we have to agree to disagree indeed.

I call all of that insanity. Evil is insanity as I previously said and therefore immoral people can never be rational. They may be able to do some rational thoughts but they can never be fully rational if they are immoral. Insanity and rational are two things that don't go together.

10. You know, I won't even push back against this. Perhaps you're right, at least to a certain extent. I still don't think that evil and insanity are the exact same thing but I can see where you're coming from. My inflated ego and delusions of grandeur certainly didn't come from a healthy mind, there's no getting around this.

HelperX likes this.
  11. No, Im speaking out side of your eye lids. Looking at the darkness of the night and seeing something more dense that I have seen.

12. HelperX

HelperX Fapstronaut

I experienced seeing dark masses outside my eye lids as well, but also other weird things that none can comprehend, like lightnings, rain and wind sensations.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  13. m9damn

m9damn Fapstronaut

I know for a lot of people it might be a shock, but God is real, the Bible is real and Jesus Yeshua Christ is the only way.
    This Earth and these bodies are temporary, but the unseen... is eternal.
    Don't be ignorant and seek God and He will interact with you in a way or another.
    Love❤️

14. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I'm agnostic so I think it's possible God does exist but don't know if God does. But I would say there are reasons to live if God doesn't exist. You can live to explore the world, understand people and the world, make the world a better place, and love people. You could argue someone who doesn't believe in the afterlife is more motivated to make the world a better place since they believe they only have one life to live.

brokenmillennial likes this.