Why NoFap Community is so religious?

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support and Feedback' started by ChownTuen, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Do you interpret any of these scriptures as stating ALL sex/sexuality is wrong except that with the intent of reproduction?

2. Booster

Booster Fapstronaut

It doesn't have to be what i interpret its what other people think. Why do you think many in the catholic church class gay sex as a sin. condom use as wrong. etc etc it goes on and on

3. Who is saying it has to be any which way?

I am merely curious to know your own interpretation on the link you posted?

4. Booster

Booster Fapstronaut

I'm agnostic pal. my statement was about another persons post hinting that religious people were more moral, which i disagree with.

5. :) Thanks, pal.

6. Maybe going a bit off topic here so forgive me if I am, however I just felt compelled to share a video:

7. RE:covery

RE:covery Fapstronaut

Sorry man, I didn't mean to phrase it quite like that, I know myself there are non-religious people with way better morals than religious people

8. Phibz

Phibz Fapstronaut

I don't believe that there is such a thing as a healthy belief in God. It is a bad thing. Especially because it robs children of the ability to make rational decisions in life as they grow. I'm a spiritual atheist. Yes, I am. My spiritual quest involves growing closer to reality. Part of that reality involves seeing myself in those that I am less tolerant of. I used to be a Christian. I've learned to drop what isn't real from my life. I don't need any moral guidelines. I feel.

9. Phibz

Phibz Fapstronaut

We're all born atheists. And then we are taught what everyone else thinks that we need to believe in.

10. Booster

Booster Fapstronaut

Its alright pal, I do think many morals are learned via parents and the community you grow up with, so yes some religions do breed goodness,

11. Thought you were referring to one of my comments actually, and I made it thinking how this thread could seem alienating to some religious users.

I am friends with many people, religious and non-religious.

No one is better or worse than anyone else because of a religion. Everyone is equally capable of being a decent human being religion or not.

TakingTheSteps and Phibz like this.
  12. Eric'sBlue

Eric'sBlue Fapstronaut

So, you're a Satanist? That's cool. ..if that's what you want. You won't be alone, I can promise you that. It must be Roman Catholicism you're talking about ; ). Have you, you know...actually opened up those two covers of that book the Bible and read what's inside? Instead of just taking others word for it? You don't need any morals ...ok, that's cool.
    A little scary, but that's cool.

Glad you felt better that you had to express your belief in...nothing, here.
    God bless

Notice the advent of breakdown of society with people with your attitude. It's reality. You wanted reality.
    Can't have a society with no morals nor concern for anyone but the self.
    I really wish more people would see that the attack on religion's purpose is to break down society.
    The purpose of religion yes is to help man!
    Don't try all this atheism stuff because it's trendy... if you really want to that's fine. I just don't see how anyone can like atheism. What an empty existence.
    It's not good for you!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    New Focus likes this.
  13. IGY

IGY Guest

@Eric'sBlue - what? Where do you get the label Satanist from? Is that your label for all people that are not religious? :confused:

Phibz likes this.
  14. BlooeyGlooey

BlooeyGlooey Fapstronaut

probably because masturbation is a sin

15. IGY

IGY Guest

Are you saying that masturbation equates to Satanism @BlooeyGlooey? :eek:

16. BlooeyGlooey

BlooeyGlooey Fapstronaut

lol no just that it's sin. sinning doesn't make you an atheist or worse a satanist

Low likes this.
  17. Phibz

Phibz Fapstronaut

I just don't understand why I need "God." And no one can seem to give me a logical answer. I do have friends that are christians. Maybe I should try to be more tolerant. I just hate to see someone living in fear. Questioning your beliefs doesn't mean the death of you.

18. Phibz

Phibz Fapstronaut

The word "sin" is actually an archer's term. It means to miss one's mark. A deviation from reality, in other words. Just a little tid bit of trivia.

Yesodi likes this.
  19. Eric'sBlue

Eric'sBlue Fapstronaut

That's the funny thing. I lived in fear before I came back to God, and I stress came back - because I was raised Roman Catholic, and that would make anyone turn away from God. I don't feel that fear I did then, now; I don't feel like I'm stranded and struggling, alone...trying to figure everything out all the time. I let go and let God, which means ....I just realized we don't create anything, none of this is mine...so there is someone/something some cosmic force up above (or, wherever) that holds it all together, and I don't need to. IMO Catholics are the ones living in fear, they love the church, their ritual more than God - and definitely more than the basic scripture of the bible; and when people tend to think about religion, they think Catholic - because Catholics receive the most negative press time from the media, which has it out for Catholics. I'm not pro Catholic, at all - I'm just stating the obvious reality.
    Well if you go back to Genesis, this is over 3,500 years old and probably more...very ancient - from the time Moses wrote the first book, there was a break from the Egyptian religion...but if you read Egypt texts; ie: the Book of the Dead (which was burial ceremony of Egypt performed by the High Priests, etc) there is striking, Striking similarity between the first 5 books of the bible - the Pentateuch (they are written in very much the same style and method). They are pretty much the same thing, in my honest opinion - just the Jewish version of it. The Pharaoh Akhenaten was the first ruler to embrace Amun (notice the similarity between "Amen" = ancient Hebrew salutation for 'may it be' and "Amun" the prefix for the Sun God) Ra as the One true God, the Sun God - God of Light (you can draw obvious parallels to Judaism & Christianity from this..ie- Jesus the Sun and shield, son of God, the bright morning star, the light of the world etc.) This was in the Late Kingdom of Egypt and he started this first monotheism. You can also see a major similarity between the two cultures in triads, for example: the Father, son, holy spirit forms a pyramid. The Egyptians built the pyramids long before in the Middle Kingdom. (Interestingly now, the pyramid is on our printed dollar). Ramses II was practicing this monotheistic Sun God religion at the time of Moses. Anyway, the idea of Satanism is not what most people think it means. All it really means is - of this world. That's what it means. We are that way naturally, but the vibrations are lower and more animalistic...they are definitely less altruistic and less about love..it's a sharper intellect at a lower consciousness. And, I really do think that's the reason for these religions - is to elevate our consciousness, to something more ... refined. They arose naturally in due process from an inclination and a completely natural desire from man, at some point. What separates man from the brutal and dark animalistic nature is definitely our intellect/consciousness. Depending on how we use it is what separates us from the animals.
    But to embrace it, just purely being of this world, in the Judeo Christian template...would be embracing Satanism...turning away from God to embrace the things of the world. That's all it means.
    It's the rumor that many of the elites are Satanists (of this world). The word "Lucifer" was translated by St. Jerome of the 2nd century AD as the bright morning star - Venus. To ancients, the bright star was very visible in the morning and very bright. They equated this with a sharp, rising and bright, fierce intellect. Man's intellect...his will to create and think and enact; could be considered Luciferian in that sense. The terms Luciferian and Satanic are interchangeable. They just mean, of man/of this world.

*An interesting note is that the Egyptians probably would have regarded the ideas/concepts of worldy vs. spiritual in the same way Judaism did.

My point of the post is to show how everything comes from somewhere, everything is interlinked, interconnected. I hope it's interesting, as well.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  20. Eric'sBlue

Eric'sBlue Fapstronaut

Who are you, dude? People can have an opinion on or about things... so stop trying to shut down someone's viewpoint. That's not cool, man.
    We don't need any thought police here today. ... You can't shut someone down with bs accusations and try to silence them.

Low likes this.