1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why We Fap(ped)?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Because we are\were deprive of options that can substitute the option of fapping. It's like we are\were living under a strict dictator who wants us to follow a very strict way of life and telling us it's the only way to live by diverting our attention from other modes of living.

Basically, we think\thought we're not destined for greatness. We just need to muster little courage to explore and try other modes if living.

FrenchOliver likes this.
  2. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Probably infinite possible correct answers to this question. I think you are exactly right. We settled for less than we could be.

I am accepting a more basic biological explanation only for myself right now.

I am programmed to seek and do good things. PM is a false supersaturation and so I became addicted to seeking it more. I believe my base brain will justify it and really want me to find reasons to do it again.

My brain would say “- just one good brain bath of dopamine - that would satisfy”. But it actually hurts my brain. And the false crap never satisfies. In fact it made real satisfaction impossible to find. So I never will again use PM (I really really hope ).

I have lots of other holes in my life and weaknesses to work on. My brain would like me to compensate with PM, but they really are not linked.

I am going to separate areas of my life. Make good habits in one area at a time, then add more good habits.

I am keeping it simple and only going to think about it at that level for now. PM is my brain asking for something that will hurt me - like any addict looking for “just one more”.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Mahmojo8

Mahmojo8 Fapstronaut

Since boyhood we have taught ourselves to utilize fapping as an escape. We fapped to relieve ourselves of the pressure of life and what subsequently follows is a boy trapped in the body of a man who is totally unequipped to deal with the stress, the pain, the anxiety and insecurity life hurls in his direction. I am a big believer in the fundamental role shame plays in our desire to fap. If we give masturbation and easy release the power to fill in the void that is our insecurities we have chosen a life in which we have never grown up. The scariest part is most men may never be aware of what they are doing to themselves. Fapping for some has become second nature and I am very glad that I have never travelled so far down the rabbit hole that I could be lost in finding the exit.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. It's different for each of us. And it changes over time too. First, it was just this great fantasy and a discovery of the power of sex without the scary real dating thing. Then it was a way to fall asleep. When I had a stressfull job it was a way to release tention. And untill a year ago a angry response to my angry wife. Weird ..

Deleted Account and Mahmojo8 like this.