1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why you're lonely

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Waldo101, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

The reason why you're lonely is because you're too intelligent. You have a hard time relating to people.

Studies have shown that highly intelligent people tend to be less social and that stupid people are the social butterflies.

Being a genius has its pros and cons. Many genius' have a hard time getting sex and remain virgins, thus loneliness occurs.

The bottom line is that you are too smart for people. You have a hard time to connect.

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  2. EyesToSeeEarsToHear

EyesToSeeEarsToHear Fapstronaut

There are many intelligent people who have large social networks and some good friends. There's more diversity to humanity than you seem to be trying to portray here man.

Some people mainly see the effort and emotional energy required to befriend strangers as too draining to enjoy. I'm very like this.

Others mainly see the opportunities presented to make new connections and discover new partners for various ventures when they see strangers and this excites them. My father is very like this.

My father's a pretty intelligent man. Upper middle class guy, college degree, nice house, nice job, nice cars and some really good friends.

Matrix Intel and NF SINCE BIRTH like this.
  3. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

Damn. Ok you got me. I just got owned.

4. This sounds true and for someone it might be. A lot of intelligent people are lonely but you can also be intelligent and still be social. It is not healthy to read too many political/historical books though if you are like me. It makes my mood drop to the floor. There is different types of intelligence really. You can be socially intelligent but lack in other areas and the other way around. You can even be gifted and have it all :/