1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Will prostate weaken after prolonged inaction?

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Do all to the glory of God, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Obviously, the prostate is a muscular gland. Muscles tend to atrophy when not in use. Does anyone have any experiential knowledge to share on this?

I suppose it's not important, but it does worry me a little that my health could be adversely affected as more time passes without action. I'm on day 61 with no "O", not even a wet dream. My logical mind presents the possibility of increased cancer risk, or, at the very least, increased enlargement of the prostate for lack of muscle tone.

There's no point in recommending action: that's not possible at present given my current circumstances and firm duty to conscience. I'm just hoping for some informational insights from those of you who may have experience in this area.

Di.Do.555 likes this.
  2. False promise

False promise Fapstronaut

It’s similar to being concerned that your forearm muscles will shrink from no longer masturbating.

3. Di.Do.555

Di.Do.555 Fapstronaut

All are myths.
    Traditionally men did not have much sex nor o.
    They were healthier than the so called men of today.

Johnnybgud3 likes this.
  4. I think a little more detail as to where I'm coming from might help to highlight the potential problem here. Let's take these comments one at a time.

There's a difference here: your forearm gets used every day for a myriad of tasks, and will not lack exercise for simply not engaging in one of its former activities. The prostate, however, without even a wet dream, gets zero exercise.

Not having much is simply not the same as not having any. Compare a bed-bound person who does not even get up to go to the bathroom with someone who's a couch-potato but does move around the house every day. The one in the bed will soon become weak, whereas the other will not be in good shape, but might still retain a fair degree of strength.

Bears hibernate for six months or more during winter. Their muscles would be nearly useless by the time their torpid sleep had ended if it were not for one thing: they periodically tense all their muscles, in isometric fashion, during their sleep. This preserves their strength in spite of the fact that they are bed-bound.

The prostate would get some exercise with every "O" or WD, but in the absence of both, it gets none so far as I can tell. In theory, following a long period of this, when activity resumes, the ejaculate might be less in volume or expelled with less force. While neither of these would be especially harmful, the weakening of the gland itself would seem to allow it to become enlarged, which can lead to urination problems or perhaps even cancer (though the latter might be more on account of the cancerous cells not having been more promptly expelled).

Any thoughts on these potential symptoms occurring after a long stretch of total abstinence would be appreciated.

5. False promise

False promise Fapstronaut

I meant it’s similar in its ridiculousness. Do you think you’ll lose the ability to ejaculate?