1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Will yoga decrease shoulder strength?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Wilde°, May 24, 2020.

1. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

Hello people
    So I have been doing physical therapy for more than half an year. I have been working on increasing the shoulder strength and rotator cuff muscle in order to have a more stabilized shoulder. The question is, if I do yoga - will it decrease the stabilization and the strength of the shoulder? In asking this because I know yoga increases the flexibility of the shoulder, and I don't want to do the opposite.
    Thanks!

2. Try starting with easier ones and take time before jumping into hand stand or similar ones

3. No! On the contrary it will do miracles for your shoulders. (Provided you are being intelligent and learning gradually respecting your body's limits and pushing them accordingly.)

Robbedoes, Sputnik I and fg4795 like this.
  4. Fomo Sapiens

Fomo Sapiens Fapstronaut

What MuscularSherlock said.

Start small, you have nothing to prove. I'd recommend Ashtanga Yoga. Yeah, it's the harder big brother of Hatha but that pays dividends later on. Learn how to do a full Sun Salutation A, and see if you can do 5 Sun A's a day for a week, ideally in the morning. It'll take you 10 minutes max, and rejuvenate you for the rest of the day.