1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Women, Power and control

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Blackenglish2017, Jun 2, 2017.

1. I didn't watch it. What is it about? You are probably overgeneralizing all women.

2. Ali613

Ali613 Fapstronaut

You didn't give it a chance . You need to swallow the red pill .

3. Sorry to disagree with you here but thats hard selling Of MGTOW ideology.

And hardselling always leads to diminished sales.

So maybe Putting forward MGTOW core ideals and Let others decide for them woud be better

4. Ali613

Ali613 Fapstronaut

Your right . I apologize.

5. Spiff

Spiff Fapstronaut

I thought Jeru the Damaja said that.:D

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  6. nothing from my side to make you apologise.but let truth be known to people by themselves.

7. I really don't understand what sort of experiences people here have had with "women", but I'm going to call out BS when I see it. The system's fu***d from a whole lot longer than women were even allowed in it.
    This whole gender argument is pointless, we live in a male dominated society, women face a large number of issues in terms of discrimination, unequal opportunities, violence, character assassination and defamation as well as just downright misogyny (which has imho been on the rise again since the turn of the century).
    I don't understand why men tend to be so insecure, we have it a whole lot easier. If you think that isn't the case, look at the top executives in most corporations, either they're all male, or if there is a female, then it's considered almost anomalous.
    The whole mainstream "feminism" that the media focuses on isn't even what actual feminism was, or is. There are countless NGOs, NFPOs that do great work for gender equality and positive woman empowerment, but they never get reported on, why? Because that isn't sensational enough, what gets reported on are the topless marches, shock-value tactics and attention-grabbing strategies that never have a solid plan at the back.
    Tl;dr Radical feminism is BS, gender inequality is painfully real and women get the short stick, misogynistic behaviour is never justified, and overgeneralizing all women and blaming them as the problem is complete and utter BS. Women don't deserve special treatment, everyone should be treated equally and fairly, but men most certainly don't deserve the right to complain if a woman gets ahead of them in any field.

MellowFellow and ThePMOdestroyer like this.
  8. Well, I remember hearing him say that in an interview. But maybe it didn't originate from him.

9. MellowFellow

MellowFellow Fapstronaut

I haven't had any problems with women bosses or women in relationships that had anything to do with gender. I've had a couple of girlfriends and a few friends who were/are into feminism and identity politics. Sometimes they make good points and sometimes I roll my eyes a bit!

10. Spiff

Spiff Fapstronaut

He had a somewhat controversial song on the topic - youtube it - guess I'm too old for this forum. I imagine most of the guys even that like hip-hop haven't heard of Jeru. I always thought he was one of the most gifted of those guys in the 90's.

And I imagine the thought expressed by Jeru and Billy Joel finds its origins before written history.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  11. I confess I had never heard of him until reading your post. I should look up his music. What would you say is his best album?

Spiff likes this.
  12. Spiff

Spiff Fapstronaut

Sun Rises in the East and the Wrath of the Math. Both produced by DJ Premier.

I guess he's not for everyone - he's definitely got a unique flow and the beats by premier can be a bit quirky. The lyrics are intelligent though and that is both rare and my primary judging point on rappers.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    Deleted Account likes this.