1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Work Desk Ergonomics

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by BSG, Mar 15, 2018.

1. BSG

BSG Fapstronaut

90% of the time, I work at a desk at my computer. I have this annoying cheap chair that always hurts my back and this annoying plastic desk that is constantly hurting my forearms when I type. I'm thinking about getting a standing desk with a nice cushion-y mat for the floor because sitting all the time is terribly unhealthy. I'll probably also get some type of stool for when my legs do get tired, but I'd like to practice more standing. Does anyone have any experience with standing desks? How long did it take you to get used to it? Do you see any improvement with productivity or energy?

Thanks

2. Heráclito

Heráclito Fapstronaut

I do have a drawing table and its getting complicated to work at it because of the same issue: I dont have comfy chair but just a very basic stool. Also most chairs dont fit the high of my table. After 1 week of daily work im suffering and after two it does start to affect my life ( muscle pain, stress..)

If I work standing its better, but I am also looking forward to buy an ergonomic stool/chair. I have tried them and they are really comfy, most of the weight goes to your knees so your back can rest.

[​IMG]

3. asbgca

asbgca Fapstronaut

Same problem here. Just learned about the evils of forward head posture recently. Check out this guy and his videos, extremely helpful for me. After a couple of weeks with lumber support and doing stretches I feel a lot better.

4. chloehug

chloehug New Fapstronaut

5. HitsOlivs

HitsOlivs New Fapstronaut

But I think I would like to order something like this