1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

work factor.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by kumarach, Sep 26, 2021.

1. kumarach

kumarach Fapstronaut

as a person who's been pretty much lonely throughout life,I have come to a conclusion that loneliness is a function of work and engagement,and it can be studied wrt to the person's business and past encounters with that particular work that he/she is doing.
    i have felt really lonely for the past 5 years of my life and when i look back and see what caused it...i see that it was basically my very own detachment with my feelings and thoughts,nowhere/no one to talk to caused me to sideline my feelings and think f them as something to be ignored on a day to day basis,this is what really caused the PMO addiction in the first place,having no one to tell how i felt during the day,what my future plans are,what things i go through in my head and the good for nothing thoughts that come to my mind caused a suppression of character and extreme internal trauma.so much so,i changed my character from being a helpful caring person to someone who can cross any limits for personal gains monetary or otherwise.
    hobbies help a lot. they take you away from the mundane works and give u a personal space to grow and flourish,most of all you don't depend on others for your won hobbies and interests. it can be anything as simple as reading a newspaper can be a very great thing to do.creates awareness,increases your thought band and accelerates your general understanding on a variety of topics.

THE ABOVE THINGS WRITTEN ARE JUST MY VIEWS ON BATTLING LONELINESS AND DEPRESSION,IT WORKS WELL FOR ME,I AM NOT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL NOR DO I CONSIDER THE ABOVE AS ANY REMEDY.

Roady likes this.
  2. Scarab Beetle

Scarab Beetle Fapstronaut

I understand what you are saying completely. Sometimes, someone close to you be it a friend, family member, girlfriend, anyone with whom you can share stuff about what's going on in your mind or life in general really eases off the burden of the mind. In the absence of that said person, our mind starts spiralling out of control and into other bad stuff like PMO etc as an alternative to give your brains that dopamine rush. I have been going through a lonely phase myself since the last few months and sometimes it really hurts. I have a few hobbies that help me but recently I have started to notice that they only hold my attention for a small period of time till I am engaged in them, whereas earlier I used to be engrossed in them and enjoyed them. But like everyone battling loneliness, I am doing my best to hold onto them.

3. kumarach

kumarach Fapstronaut

well i'm glad to have someone to understand what i feel like.
    can we share names? my name is kumar from india.

4. Scarab Beetle

Scarab Beetle Fapstronaut

Greetings Kumar, I am from India too, name's Sunny :) nice to meet you man.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021