1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Working In The US, As A Foreigner

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Oct 11, 2020.

Tags:
  1. So I'm from Nordic Europe and the wages are shit here compared to the US. I'm thinking about completing an engineering degree here where I live because it's free and after that moving to the US to do work. I have also considered about going to trade school here and becoming an electrician and again moving to the US to do work. So I have few questions for you and all help will be appreciated. How hard is it to move there to do work? And do the employers employ foreign workers? Or is it harder for foreigners to get a job? And could a foreigner electrician make it in the US? Also if I end up moving to the US where should I move to in the US? Oh and last one, are they just internet lies about the wages there? How much could a new engineer or electrician make there? Thank you for your answers!

Chris_Cactusblossom likes this.
  2. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

As a licensed electrician in the US, you can charge $100-150/hr. You need to apply for citizenship. Once you get in, you have to be an apprentice for a few years before becoming licensed and going out on your own. You’ll make top dollar on the northeast coast or the west coast. I don’t know how hard it is to get in, but once you’re in, you should be able to find work. Being foreign probably won’t hold you back if you speak English and have good work ethics.

TheBigJ and Chris_Cactusblossom like this.
  3. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

As a licensed electrician in the US, you can charge $100-150/hr. You need to apply for citizenship. Once you get in, you have to be an apprentice for a few years before becoming licensed and going out on your own. You’ll make top dollar on the northeast coast or the west coast. I don’t know how hard it is to get in, but once you’re in, you should be able to find work. Being foreign probably won’t hold you back if you speak English and have good work ethics.

4. Thanks guys.

Can engineers find good work easily? And how much are the entry wages for a fresh engineer there?

5. Oh and would it require to move to those liberal shithole big cities to make money?

6. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

You might have to be a little more patient if you’re looking for an engineering job. I’m not sure the wages, but it’s certainly a comfortable living.

7. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

I definitely wouldn’t move into any of the cities right now with all that’s going on. You can find good paying jobs in rural areas outside major cities.

8. ThePeakWae

ThePeakWae Fapstronaut

I´d stay away from California, they keep raising the income Tax and Joe Rogan and a bunch of dudes just left the state lol.

9. That you can be sure of. Will avoid California like the plague. Any recommended states (most liberal gun laws, highest salaries, best communities etc.)? I will pray for Trump to win and I may be able to migrate to the US in the future. Hope you don't start civil war 2.0 at least this decade.

10. ThePeakWae

ThePeakWae Fapstronaut

I´d move to Texas, just vote Red and you´ll be okay, plus you´ll have a lot of California movers going there, which will boom the economy.