1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Working on motivation for job search

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Oct 16, 2019.

1. I have been unemployed since December.

Not much motivation to find a new job since then.

I started meeting a job counselor a few weeks ago.

This morning, she told me that Linked-In is far from the being the only place where I find a job. I sort of knew it, but what I hadn't realized is that only 10% of job offers appear on Linked-In.

I still need to identify what kind of job I want, for my remaining 10 years before retirement.

2. Are you hurting for income? I’m not really getting that vibe from your post. If you’re not hurting for income and are good at investing then why bother searching for a new job? Just make investing your job. Of course a job can help with health insurance costs so that part I understand. I’ve met a lot of investors who take jobs just for that benefit alone, while others do it because they’re bored.

Vendettana likes this.
  3. I am in that situation kind of. But I have no clue of how to invest. I got some videos and educational stuff like "rich dad, poor dad" but there is no real technical advice. I ended almost giving up and looking out for a job again because it is easier.
    Also, I think there will be a major crisis in 2020, so it's tough to invest as everything is already very expensive.
    Any hints?

4. @Augie I had put some money aside, but it won't last years and years.

I am not interested in counting only on investing for sources of income. I wouldn't mind having a job. Hopefully, I can find something where I can work at least 2 days a week from home.

I have installed/configured software apps for hospitals for 28 years. I don't really want to work for the health industry anymore, but doing that kind of work might be ok.

I know, I am not easy to follow, I should give more details, sorry about that.

Deleted Account likes this.